Chapter 21: This Is War

Throwing us into a dark damp place, the five men surrounded us on all sides with guns aiming at us. Scrunching my nose, I try to prevent the foul smell infiltrating my nostrils. Water dripped from the leaky ceiling of the filthy broken warehouse and trickled down numerous pillars that were holding the place up. My boots were soaking in the dirty puddle of water I was standing in next to Leo who had his palms curled up into fists. Anger radiated off his red cheeks as he stared at the men like a tiger ready to dismantle his prey. His chest rose and fell heavily as his flared nostrils pushed out carbon dioxide.

          "Do you even know who you're messing with?" Leo spoke through his teeth.

          "We don't care. We just need to get our job done which is killing you two." The men mocked us as their laugh rang through the empty dusty warehouse and bounced off the thin chipped walls. It sounded more like horses neighing than laughing.

"Leo Bonferroni" he declared. "I bet you low life criminals have heard of me."

"Oh we have alright" said the bald scrawny man. "I have heard all about you and your deeds. You remember my brother? The one who you tortured by carving your name into his chest with a pocket knife and letting him bleed to death, then feeding him to your infamous pets."

"Which one was he?" Leo asked pretending to ponder deeply. "Was it Dave, Tyler, or Josiah? Oh wait, was it Jose, or maybe little Ricky? Or maybe just one of the fifty nameless bastards whose name I didn't care about." The scrawny man's brows knit together in anger as my heart began to race in fear. Did Leo actually do that? This shouldn't faze me at all but it scared me a little. This is going to be bad. Really bad.

The bald man began to charge towards Leo who had a smirk planted on his face when two other men stop him from hitting Leo. "Let's just kill them and leave" another man said.

"No!" The bald man spoke up again. "We are going to have some fun with the girl over here. She looks delicious." The man licked his chapped lower lip and looked at me hungrily.

"Come try me" I grit my teeth together and challenge the ugly, shit looking man. Adrenaline flowed through my body instantly, making my hands shake. I would like to see this bitch try. He had something coming for him; a kick to the balls.

"Touch her and I'll rip your balls and shove them so far up your ass that you'll taste them in your disgusting mouth while you bleed to death when I shoot your ugly ass up" Leo's voice echoed throughout the place, making me fear for these idiotic men who didn't know what they were messing with.

"That's funny" the men laughed. "You're going to watch while I fuck her. Grab him" the man ordered the tall and the chubby man that were standing behind Leo.

          Laying down his gun on the floor, the same bald man began walking towards me and unbuckling his pants just like Astor did on my tragic birthday. Imagining Astor's scarred face, I close the remaining distance between us and bring my knee up to his little balls with force, making him shriek. He grabbed his crotch and fell to the floor whining in pain.

          Leo saw the opportunity and punched the distracted tall man to his left, knocking him out cold while he elbowed the chubby one in the face and kicked him, making him fall backwards from the impact. Three down, two to go.

          I ran away from the two remaining men standing as they began firing at us. Dodging the bullets behind a pillar, I stay still while Leo jumps over a broken table and rolls, grabbing a gun from the floor and shooting back at those men.