Chapter Eight

Harry's pov:

So he talked to me. And he winked and he likes my sister. And he is so so so so perfect Lou, but I messed up again. -H

I sent the message as soon as I got back to the hotel. Gem and I had just ordered room service and were now waiting watching TV together. She was sitting in between my legs as I brushed her hair and started braiding it.

"He really wanted you to come tonight Harry," she mumbled.

"Maybe darling, but I just didn't think it was a good idea. Not mad that you didn't get dinner out, are you? I'll take you out tomorrow. Just you and I?"

"I'm not mad. Just don't get why you didn't want to go. But you and me, date. Tomorrow," she smiled.

"Six o'clock on the dot. Don't be late babe," I chuckled. She giggled and I leaned down hugging her. There was a knock on the door making me get up and grab the food. I brought it back to Gem and sat across from her. I handed her a fork and we dug in.

"Haz?" she mumbled.

"Princess?" I mocked.

She giggled, "be serious. I wanna talk to you about this and ask you something."

"Right, sorry. Okay, what is it?"

"I just- well- mum is never home and neither is dad and you tend to take care of me so what if I just move in with you?"

"Oh," I panicked internally, "Gem."

"Okay right, sorry. I shouldn't have asked," she shrugged and watched her food like it would move eventually.

"No, baby, I'm glad you asked. I just-I want to but you can't live on campus with me and we can't live here. I need time is all. I'll save up money and I'll get us a studio flat. By the end of the year it will be me and you," I smiled.

"Oh Harry, thank you, thank you, thank you!" she cheered and threw herself at me.

"You act like it's a burden to have you living with me. You're my little sister, Gem, and believe it or not I'm only not worrying about you when you're with me. I know being home sucks but I promise to get you out of that house as soon as possible," I explained. She nodded and we went back to eating. When my phone vibrated I jumped for it opening the message on tumblr.

How so babe, what did you do this time? -L

I over thunk (is that a word?) it. He wanted us to join him for dinner but I just. I'm in over my head. He isn't even gay Lou, his last relationship was with a girl and all the ones before that. I'm going into this thinking I'm going to come out on top with him next to me but I won't. He is just being nice and it comes out as flirting but I'm taking it the wrong way. Does that make sense? -H