Chapter Twenty One

Louis' pov: Harry shut the car door and took my hand not saying anything. I followed behind him walking up the front steps. He opened the front door without knocking.

"Gemma!" he called. I heard a pound from upstairs and then Gemma was bounding down the stairs and throwing herself into Harry's arms. He hugged her and rubbed her back. His mum, I'm guessing, came out of the kitchen straightening her hair and clothes. He kept his eyes on his mum while mumbling to Gemma. She nodded and ran up the stairs when he put her down. He turned to me,

"up the stairs, second door on the left." I didn't bother asking anything just followed the directions. I shut the door to Gemma's room and smiled, watching her scurry around her room to pack.

"Harry said he would tell you to come help," she smiled. I chuckled and went to her drawers. She pulled out a big suitcase for me and I started putting all her clothes in it while she packed random things.

"You're very pretty Louis," she smiled as she held a bear and sat on her bed.

"Well thank you darling, but certainly not as pretty as you," I winked and zipped the suitcase. She blushed and kissed the head of her teddy.

"Harry you promised!" I heard Anne yell. Gem winced and started chewing her lip.

"Don't do that honey," I whispered and took her lip out from between her teeth. She squeezed her eyes shut when she heard a slam. I noticed her iPod and quickly grabbed it. She followed my instructions and put it on, listening to some music. I pet her head and walk to the door, putting my ear to it.

"You promised," I heard his mum say again.

"And you told me you would take care of her. For fucks sakes mum, she is 9 years old and hiding in the bathroom cupboards, scared because you brought some man home! You didn't even bother checking to see if she was home before sucking him off! It's disgusting mum, she can't stay here. I won't let you make her into another me! I'm so stressed. I'm always tired, and worrying. If it's not school then it's Gemma and if it's not her it's me keeping myself alive. And you did that to me. You made me think I shouldn't live. You put everything on me when I already had enough to worry about. You let me grow up in an abusive house and did drugs while I was here. I've been unhappy for years and the only reason I promised not to take her was because I was planning to finally commit suicide. But I'm finally getting my shit together. I have a boy who I fucking would do anything for and love to death. I'm doing great in school and I'm on the road to recovery. All thanks to my boyfriend. But I refuse to let Gem suffer in this house. I'm taking her and you will hear from the lawyer tomorrow," he screamed and I heard him start up the stairs.

"Harry please. I'm sorry baby, I didn't know. I'll change, I will," she cried.

"Let go of me," he hissed and I almost went out to help him before deciding that it was his mother. It wasn't my place. I heard her break down crying and him continue up the stairs. I stepped away from the door and to Gemma.

"Ready to go?" I asked pulling the headphone out carefully. She smiled brightly and nodded before Harry opened the door.

"All set?" he asked.

"I packed her clothes and she packed another bag," I explained.

"My bear blanket and my hair clips and my school bag and I have teddy and my phone and charger," she explained. He looked around the room and nodded. He picked up her bag, throwing it over his shoulder then picked her up. She clung to him like a Koala, burying her head in his neck. He supported her under her bum before turning to me. I grabbed the suitcase handle and winked at him. I followed him out and shut the light off. We went down the stairs and he grabbed her shoes not bothering to put them on. Anne stood at the door. She touched Gemma's back,