A New Life

CHAPTER 1 - A NEW LIFE

REBECCA'S POV

Alright. New flat. New life.

Trolley next to me, purse over my shoulder, I took a deep breath and knocked. I don't even know who my roommates will be. I just know that three people live in here already. The landlord assured me there was room enough for me too and he'd tell them they were getting a new roommate.

I suppose they're all girls. I specifically requested a flat for girls. I've lived with men, the ones of my family to be precise, and ... not a nice thing. Not really. Except for Tom. He was a whole different thing. In every sense.

I heard some ruckus inside and then the door was opened. The sight in front of me took me off guard, but I concealed it and smiled. In front of me there was a tall man in his late twenties, possibly already thirtyish, ebony skin ... quite handsome, and judging by how his t-shirt barely contained his muscles, the work out kind of guy.

"Hi, may I help you?" The man politely asked me and I blinked my eyes to regain my self control before letting him know I was, one, checking him out shamelessly, two, kind of drooling over him already.

I smiled wider and introduced myself: "Hi, I'm Rebecca. The new roommate." I suppose he might be one of the girls' boyfriend maybe? I mean, my roommates are supposed to be all college girls. Though the landlord never really pointed out anything and I needed an apartment as soon as possible, so I took the first good occasion I found. I haven't even seen the inside of the place, actually, just pictures. I contacted the owner to agree immediately, after all, it's close enough to where I work, it's cheap. Nothing else I needed.

The man in front of me furrowed his eyebrows together, clearly confused, but then, without taking his eyes off of me, he called: "Al!" Short for Allison, not Alan, right? Please, tell me yes. I was already getting an odd sensation of wrongness here, which only increased when beside Mr. Hot Muscles appeared another Greek god ... this one had sandy blond hair and deep green eyes, high cheekbones, perfectly toned too, but less pumped than his friend, I mean, more lean in his perfect physique.

Did I knock on the wrong door? I looked down at the piece of paper to check and yes, I was definitely at the right place.

The man called Al, who looked in his mid-twenties, too, possibly 25 or something, asked, in a very sexy husky voice, what was the matter. "We have a new roommate." The first man announced, pointing at me, with a little bit of annoyance in his tone, I'd add.

Al perused me for a long moment, well, more like checked me out from tip to toe. "You're Rebecca?" He asked, and I nodded. He grinned, and patted his friend on the shoulder as he explained: "Carl dropped by this morning to say we have a new roommate. I forgot to tell you guys."

Guys. Plural. So there was another man living with them? And I was supposed to live with all three of them? Oh, gosh. No. Last time I was in the middle of male beings alone ... well, it didn't go too well. Lucky thing there was Tom there to save me. As he always did.

The ebony skinned man gave a dirty look to the other, but Al seemed more focused on me ... I didn't like the way he ogled me. I didn't like the glint in his eyes. But ... I have nowhere to go. I've survived worse. I can survive to three male roommates, can't I? 

Just hope the third one isn't as hot as his pals. My sisters would be so envious. Well, they'd probably stomp over me to get to Al here and his friends.

Maybe they're models? Maybe they're all gay? Hmm ... no, the way Al was eyeing me, not at all gay, no. Possibly bi. But definitely not gay, no. The other man didn't give me such impression either, and if the third guy isn't either ... oh, gosh, me in the middle of three hot straight guys. Sounds so much like crappy romance. Scratch that, it sounds so much like some cheap porn movie.