The first girl I cared for

note: I wrote this with an empty stomach and a lot of drowsiness, so there's a high chance it might be not make much sense in some parts, also because I'm too sleepy to edit. I'm posting it just to give you something ;)

I'm also too sleepy to keep writing, so the chapter will have to be shorter, the big part will come tomorrow :)

CHAPTER 47 - THE FIRST GIRL I CARED FOR

AL'S POV

It's not cheating until I do the deed, it's not cheating until I do the deed. I swallowed the lump in my throat as she approached the table. "Hey ..." I greeted awkwardly, unable to hide my sense of guilt mixed with the contentment about seeing her.

Gabrielle smiled, and my insides churned. Oh, fuck, I'm so screwed, I'm so so fucking screwed. "Hey, Alan ..." she greeted gently, rounding the table to come kiss my cheek when I ungentlemanly refused to stand up.

Um ... it's not that I wanted be rude, it's more like ... um ... I have technical problems down here. Trust me, if you'd seen her, you'd understand me.

Okay, skinny jeans and blouse aren't that big of a thing, not that tempting for an outfit, but ... oh, God, save me, I'm dying here.

"You ok?" Gabrielle asked as she sat down in front of me.

I cleared my throat, shifting uncomfortably on my chair. "Uh ... yeah ..." I averted my gaze, pretending to be looking for the waitress. When I spotted her, I flagged her down, and she nodded.

"Alan?" Gabrielle called, visibly worried, so I had to look back at her. Had I never. Those eyes, that face, even her frown is gorgeous. Oh, sweet Jesus, I'm not gonna make it. If I die before my due date, aka if some girl's overprotective brother murders me in my sleep, tell my mom I love her. I love my dad too, but maman c'est maman. Sorry, dad.

"I'm fine," I cracked a small nervous smile, "really, I'm fine." Said he before dying of a painful boner.

"You look like Byron when he's about to be scolded by mom." Gabrielle said with a lovely giggle, her beautiful brown eyes glinting in amusement.

I chuckled hysterically, unable to really control myself. Jesus, what is going on with me? I've never been this nervous around a woman. And it's Gabby, for God's sakes! Gabby! Not some chick I'm trying to impress, just ... just Gabrielle Abigail Wayne.

My best friend's sister. The first girl I ever really cared for. The girl I comforted after her Prom date stood her up. The girl I cheered up after every break up. The kid I bought ice cream to. The first member of the Wayne family I met after Byron. The only virgin I ever had. The one woman that's been driving me nuts.

"If this lunch makes you this uncomfortable, why did you say yes in the first place?" she questioned, arching an eyebrow. God, she's sexy even when angry. If Byron knew the dirty thoughts I've been having about his baby sister, he'd kill me in a thousand different ways. And he's a lawyer, he probably knows damn well how to get away with murder.

"I'm not uncomfortable." I defended weakly. "I'm just ... uh ... hungry. You were late, and I-uh ... I didn't order yet, so I'm hungry-waitress!" I nearly yelled, cutting myself off, causing Gabrielle to chuckle as everybody around us snapped their heads at us. Luckily also the waitress' did, so she swiftly came over.

"Um ... we'd like to order." I babbled out stupidly. She gave me a duh-look, retaining herself from rolling her eyes, so I cleared my throat, and ordered the first thing I read on the menu. She then turned to Gabrielle, who was calm and posed as she chose what she wanted, while all I could do was stare at her gorgeous face in awe. Byron is so gonna kill me.