Quickly and painlessly

CHAPTER 36 - QUICKLY AND PAINLESSLY

BYRON'S POV

"You know we shouldn't, right? We really, really shouldn't be doing this ..." I argued for the third time, but for as much as I tried, my words couldn't sound much convincing, especially not when I spoke them in such predicament, one that involved Maya stripping me off as much as I did to her while we walked back towards my bed.

"It's wrong." I repeated as I fell onto the bed, but Maya smirked as she straddled me, and slid off my belt. "Maya ..." I called, failing to hide the arousal. 

It's been like this since ... how long have Rebecca and Will been gone? A couple of days? Yeah, it's been like this since a couple of days now. It's a miracle we even leave this freaking bed.

It all started soon after we saluted our friends. I swear, barely ten minutes after they left, me and my ex were already jumping each other. I guess you could say attraction has never been a problem for us. It might be abstinence for me, but honestly, I'd lie if I said I hadn't craved to get to this ever since Maya came back into my life.

I hissed when Maya touched that weak spot of mine just behind my ear while letting her nails brush my abs, and she grinned, I guess pleased of my reaction. My hands raked over her perfect mounds, reason urging me to get up from this sinful cot and put a stop to this madness, well, reason, more like ... my mom's babbling at the back of my head. 

Real reason wanted to force me to acknowledge the fact that Maya is engaged to my boss, and the conflict here is pretty evident, but on the other hand ... we've done this so many times already, what's one more?

Hence, I made her yelp as I flipped us, and straddled her, pinning her wrists down at the sides of her head, having her grin, reminding me implicitly that she likes this, she's always been pretty keen on the kinky side my ex, not at all the respectable, sweet and chaste girlfriend my mom wanted for me. 

Pleasing an insatiable and easily bored girlfriend wasn't easy for teenage me, but hey, the man I am got his experience over the years, and I've showed her that a little these couple of days, time to show her the real deal.

***

"How ... how many?" Maya asked as we lay in bed, completely naked, slippery sweaty and out of breath after a long, long marathon.

I'm not gonna lie, this was the best sex we ever had. Might be because I finally let go of my preoccupations about Josh and their engagement and my job and all that jazz. I simply thought of the breathtaking creature writhing beneath me, asking me for more and more and more.

"How many what?" I asked, confused, rubbing her arm as I turned to her. 

The trickles of sweat running down her forehead, the hair all stuck to it, the exhausted glint in her eyes, it made her only look more gorgeous. If only things had worked between us when they should have, then now maybe we wouldn't be here, cheating. 

Then again, hadn't we had this long break, if I may call it so, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have had this sparkling sexual connection.

On the long run ours had become a bit routine for a relationship, as Maya pointed out, even sex had become routine, and when a young couple gets to boring sex, then I guess it's the end. 

After four years we'd become really like an old married couple, I guess I can see why did she need an out. I just wish she'd been more honest with me, instead of making me drown in sense of guilt because of an unreal cheating. Had we talked it out, the separation might have been slightly easier, especially for my heart.