Like a stitch

the first pov is just so you don't forget about him :P

CHAPTER 34 - LIKE A STITCH

AL'S POV

There was a time when sex was the answer to everything, you know. There was a time when hooking up made me feel good, and not only because of the obvious reason, no, sex made me feel good simply because, hell, I love sex.

I love sex and I love women, I love the experience sex entails, and it's always been enthralling and intriguing to try out new things in the field, which is why I've never backed down from anything the girls I slept with wanted, I always complied, and I've never been shy in asking either, hell, I'm a damn fan of hardcore sex and I'm not afraid to admit it. I simply love sex, I love doing it, and damn, I don't even care if it's a man or a woman.

Yes, I've tried the other side of the fence, more than once actually, and tell you what, it wasn't at all bad. I took advantage of college to try new experiences, and I was never disappointed. Ah, the things me and my roommate did in the secrecy of our dorm! He wasn't my first gay approach, but he was certainly the best, and I've probably gotten from him the taste for sex with whomever, as long as it's good.

I'll admit that, one time or two, while having those fantastic nights that involved me, my best friends, and a girl we picked up at a bar, I've thought about throwing in something more, but it would have felt disgusting, not because they're men, but because they're my brothers, it would have felt like incest. Simply nauseating.

But that wasn't the point, was it? I was saying, there was a time when sex was the answer to everything, there was a time when having sex solved every single trouble I had, whenever I felt bothered, sex with whomever was the answer. It used to be like that. It isn't anymore.

Not that I haven't tried, because, trust me, within two weeks that I'm in Italy I have tried a lot, but nothing. I keep thinking of her, every damn moment, she's simply stuck in my mind, and I can't get rid of the very simple thought of her. I try to distract myself as much as I can, but it serves to nothing. No matter how many worthless flings I have, Rebecca is still stuck in my mind.

Love does that, doesn't it? And it doesn't help that I'm stupid enough to let my fingers slide over her contact, and I stare at her profile pic, always remaining mesmerized by that beautiful smile and those bright eyes.

It doesn't help that I'm such a moron as to refuse to speak to her every time Byron calls, but then I'll stalk her, via whatever online thing she has, which is not much, because she's careful about letting people – aka her family, apparently – know where she is.

If I told this to whomever, they wouldn't have a single trouble in deeming me crazy, and I have no doubt that even my friends would think that.

Ah, my friends. I don't even know if I should still use the plural anymore, not when referring to two specific people, to the very least. I mean, can I still count Will as my best friend?

I honestly don't know. I love the guy like he's my own skin, but the betrayal still burns, and it burns real deep, to the point that, as of now, I really don't know whether we'll be able to patch up our friendship or not, but then, I don't even know whether I'll be back to New York or not.

This job I have, it's for one year, but my boss says that if I like it, I could stay. It depends on how I handle things, if I fail, he won't be so understanding, of course, but while it's too soon to say (two weeks are really nothing, even though the office is running pretty smoothly), he also says that if I give him good results, he's gonna give me a chance, therefore yeah, the possibility that I might simply remain in Italy is still there, and as of now, I'm kinda cherishing it, given how fucked up my mind and heart are.