They found each other

CHAPTER 29 - THEY FOUND EACH OTHER

WILL'S POV

"Any news?" Al asked me for the thousandth time as he popped his head into the kitchen. Regrettably, I shook my head. It's been two damn hours since she texted me, saying she'd be here in 20 minutes, where the hell is she?

My friend's shoulders deflated as he sighed, then retreated back into the living room. He's been just as antsy as I, Byron, and everyone that cares about her. We haven't thrown out all those people here for the party simply not to raise suspects of any sort, and because Maya insisted that Rebecca might have just remained stuck in the traffic, after all, this is freaking New York.

I would so want to believe her, but how can I? I know where my Raybee went, and the chances are, she might have just cried herself to sleep over Tom's grave. Maybe she's still there, at the cemetery. 

The thought that her absence might have to do with her wicked family keeps buzzing in my mind, and I feel restless, because if she's out there in danger, what the hell am I doing here, simply waiting?

With a grunt, I tore my gaze away from my phone, at which I'd been staring since the longest time, anxiously waiting for it to ring, a specific name to flash on the screen, and tucked it in my pockets. Remaining here is useless, I might as well try and see if she's actually where I think. 

I'm not a religious person, but God, I pray she's there, because if she isn't, then it'll be like chasing a fucking needle in a fucking haystack. I trudged my way out of the kitchen and headed directly to the door, only caring to grab my keys from the counter.

There weren't too many people in there, 20-something, I think, just our close friends, but the living room was pretty full, not I can't even walk through the crowd full, but still. I spotted Byron beside the window, keeping a close eye on the outside, a concerned frown permanently etched on his face, with Maya was beside him, telling him something, probably trying to convince him Rebecca was fine. I guess the sole good point of this predicament is that those two put aside their issues for one night. Al was nowhere to be seen, while Eve was beside the TV nervously chatting away with our neighbor's son.

I wonder why didn't we think of it sooner, the kid is only 18, perfect for Eve, he's kind of a reincarnated version of me at his age, ever since we introduced them, they've been hitting it off pretty fine. The girl was more nervous to meet Al and Byron, while with Justin there, it was love at first sight. 

I would take the time to contemplate my non-blood-related baby sister shrug off her timidity while she laughed it off with Justin, but I have more pressing matters to handle right now. Like ... finding out where the hell is my Raybee.

Giving one last look to the mild crowd in our living room, I opened the door and got out, closing it tranquilly enough not to raise suspects of any sort. Forcing my nerves to remain steely, I trudged to the elevator and called it, but I barely made it to stepping in that a hand blocked the door before it could close entirely, and a pretty mad frown met my gaze when it flickered there.

"If you're going hunting, I'm coming with." Al barked, unusually tense. Of course he's worried, you could sense anxiety and nervousness oozing off him. I haven't told him what happened between me and Rebecca yet, and right now it's not the best moment, is it? I've never seen him so stressed and edgy, the smile has never left his face for so long as these two hours that we've been waiting for our roommate to come back home.

I can understand him, hell, I can, we're in the same boat, both whipped, both hopelessly in love with that naughty Aphrodite. Al is not even a half as capable of keeping his composure as I am, it's a wonder he hasn't blown up yet. Hopefully, we're fussing for nothing, hopefully we're gonna find her asleep over her late boyfriend's grave. Hopefully.