A triangle with four angles

CHAPTER 13 - A TRIANGLE WITH FOUR ANGLES

REBECCA'S POV

"You've got everything?" Al asked as he popped up in my room. Turning around, I grinned, giving him thumbs up. 

I think that, in the end, accepting to go with him to his hometown wasn't that bad of an idea, I mean, let alone that I've never ever left New York, it could do me some good, help me relax a little, and ... why not, erase the thoughts I've been having about killing Jerkface in his sleep. Very concrete thoughts, let me tell you.

Especially as he, every day this week, walked past me, scowling, as if it were my fault. I did sense the air was tense among the guys, but I only got to know why when Al confessed they talked about me that morning, and Byron and Will fought badly, both because of me and because of that Mel. That explains why haven't they been talking to each other this week, and why is Will sulkier, ruder and grumpier than usual with me.

He doesn't even spend a single minute with us anymore, he just comes back home, and locks himself up in his room, only to then stomp his way out to go to work, without a single word. Actually, I think that, if I've heard him utter a single word this week, it was a pure miracle, and if it was directed at me, it was only to tell me to shut up when I teased him about his pout.

I don't care if he gives me the silent treatment or glares and snarls at me every time he sees me, I really don't give a damn, but what I don't like is that the guys fought because of me. They're practically brothers, from what I hear, and I feel guilty because now two of those brothers won't even talk to each other and it's my fault. Al keeps telling me no, Byron confirmed it, but still.

By the way, I've been spending more time with Al this week. For some reason he always remained at home, keeping me company, especially because Byron has been doing a lot of overtime, so he came back late, which means that my normal routine, lounging in the living room with Bye, was broken, and that is how Al explains him remaining more home, to keep me company.

We've had a lot of fun, I'll admit that, he's such a goofball, but, surprisingly, there were no hot moments. Yeah, I wonder why too. I mean, yeah, Al kissed me now and then, groped me, we kinda lay on the couch together, his chest against my back, and he touched me a lot, but ... never went beyond base one. All he touched were my hips, sometimes daring to slip his hands beneath my shirt, or he fondled my butt, but nothing more than that.

Last night I tried provoking him a little, so, as we watched one of his idiotic comedies he loves so much, I pushed my butt against his crotch while he was busy keeping his hand on my stomach, kind of tickling me. In response, he growled, but said and did nothing. It's really weird, because, every single time, as we lay back like that, I could all too clearly feel his erection poking me. I came to think it was about Will and all that mess, but that would be absurd.

They know it's nothing serious with Will, we just hook up – well, not anymore, or not for the time being, at least not till he won't be adult and apologize for the way he treated me – there's nothing more than that, so why would Al worry about it? Hence, I swiftly deleted the thought, deeming myself as silly for even only daring think of it. 

Yet it still remains that that sex fiend that Al is didn't try, one single time, to go past groping. Well, I guess I'll find out soon enough. We're heading to his hometown, and it'll be just the two of us, so ... I can test the waters ...

Now, Al entered, and picked my small suitcase, taking the chance to pinch my butt, gaining – obviously – a pinch on his, which had us both laugh as we headed out. Amazingly, it didn't take me long to persuade my boss to give me these couple of days off, but ... well, I guess it wasn't my merit, it was mostly Al with his dazzling smile when he came to the ice cream parlor on Monday and asked her on my behalf, pretending to be my boyfriend, and that he wanted his "sweetheart to get a bit of relax, considering she works so much". Such a charmer, isn't he?