Bring me back to life

CHAPTER 30 - BRING ME BACK TO LIFE

REBECCA'S POV

I could hear voices around me, but I couldn't tell what were they saying, neither could I open my eyes, as I wanted to, as if my eyelashes were glued to each other. I felt my body sore, such an ache that I remember feeling only years ago, after all those times with my sisters and mother. I'd almost forgotten how it feels to be beaten to a pulp. Almost.

Last thing I remember is bumping into Hailey and Hannah, and that Axel and Colton Maloney were with them, then I was knocked out, I think, because when I reopened my eyes I was in a dark alley, noises coming from the city, but only four menacing figures looming over me. 

I remember I felt relieved, because, honestly, if they brought me in a dead end, it wasn't planned. They didn't stalk me nor found out where I live now, they just had the "luck" of seeing me on the streets.

My sisters aren't those villains that will give you a whole speech about their reasons, though, because, in truth, they have no reason to hate me like this, they have no reason to bring me so close to my last breath. They just ... enjoy it. It's some twisted thrill they get out of beating their younger sister.

I think they get off at those acts of evilness, because, let me tell you, I didn't escape from my assaulters, they quite simply forgot about me when they started grinding against each other. 

Sick, I know. But you just gotta imagine this scene: Axel and Colton in a corner, grinning and laughing while they enjoy the sight of me on the ground, kicked and punched and insulted and all of the script my sisters never fail to break.

I was lucky, because the guys didn't intervene, otherwise I don't think I would be still breathing. They just remained there, watching, as if it were a very interesting movie they'd paid for. Then when Hailey and Hannah got tired, or, better, when they got horny, when they got the perverted thrill out of their act, they left me on the floor, barely breathing, and went over to their boyfriends, practically jumping their bones. 

I think I found the strength to move mostly because the sight of those four having sex in a dead end, and after what they did, would have had me spill out even my guts. More than I already had, that is.

I barely recall crawling my way back home, in the complete and utter indifference of newyorkers around me, in case you were wondering, but I do recall one specific face before losing consciousness ...

I think I was still asleep, because I could hear those familiar voices but I couldn't see anybody around me, I was completely wrapped up in the dark, I saw nothing but darkness, which was odd because I did feel in full possession of my senses. 

It was all pitch black around me, the sole grip on the life outside were those voices, muffled enough for me not to be able to know what they were saying, but enough close for me to be sure it was the guys.

They have no idea how relieving it was for me to be able to hear their voices. I could hear all three of them, and I think there was Maya, too, I had no idea what they were saying, I heard peaks of tones laced with fury, deeper ones attempting to calm down, and a female voice amongst those three trying to be a mediator.

It didn't take much to presume it was the guys arguing with Maya or Maya arguing with the guys or, more certainly, Bye attempting to subdue the seethe of the other two while Maya tried to be me and mediate amongst them three.

I wanted to join them, to flutter my eyes open and see them, break their fight and go back to the family bubble we had, but I couldn't make myself.