eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

I grabbed a piece of toast off of the table, and used my lips as a clip to hold it whilst I pulled on my jacket for school. I took the toast from my lips and took a huge bite, rushing to eat my breakfast so I wouldn't be terribly late for school.

Yesterday morning, I woke up and helped Grant tidy his house. We caught up on gossip and then Angela picked me up at one in the afternoon since she was coming back from meeting up with her friends. Thankfully, I didn't have a painfully terrible hangover so I was off the hook from getting drunk.

"Bye mom! Bye dad! Bye Ang!" I shout even though they probably couldn't hear me. My parents still forced me to get the bus every morning for the next week, and I was hoping I'd miss Bradley this morning.

I adjusted my jacket that hugged my body once I got outside. I hadn't really realised how warmer it was getting and wearing a jacket was a major regret.

Soon enough, my bus was here and I got on, grabbing a seat towards the back of the mostly empty bus.

I lean my head against the window and watched all the houses pass by. My fingers traced small doodles on the condensation that had formed from the warm air that blanketed the windows. As I reach my stop, I climb off and walk a small distance before getting into school.

When I arrive, I meet Luisa and Ana in the cafeteria, who are having a slight argument on who was the most drunk, both denying that is was them.

"Who do you think was the most drunk?" Luisa asks as I set down and pull out my phone.

"Probably Ana, to be honest," I laugh. "You were feeding people drinks and making cocktails and feeding them food too."

"Ugh," She sighs. "This is why I shouldn't be under the influence of alcohol."

"No, no! It's funny!" I reassure her and she nods, getting up to grab herself a drink. Luisa and I dive into a conversation about the maths homework that's in for today, gathering some believable and unbelievable lies we could tell.

"You could just skip class," a voice points out and I turn around to see Brad standing behind me. "Can I sit down with you?"

"Uh, sure," I nod and he perches himself on a chair. "What's up?"

"The sky," He jokes but his face falls when he sees the unamused looks off of me and Luisa. "Well, I came here for two reasons. Firstly, to copy your homework for maths. . . But it seems that's no use. And secondly, I think Connor's interested in you." He says the last part, looking at Luisa and I turn to face her, raising my eyebrows and smirking.