twenty nine

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

"I want to do your hair."

"I can do my own hair."

"Can you?

"Yes, of course I can."

"I don't think you can," Angela says. She's taken the weekend off of college and we're currently getting ready to go dress shopping with Luisa and Ana. We only got back from the lake house a few hours ago but Brad's dad's dinner meal is tomorrow night and we have school.

Although I could do nothing about it, Brad had sent four hundred dollars into my bank — enough to pay for a season's worth of clothes.

"You know what? I'll just put it in an elastic band," I say before we start arguing. I quickly put my hair up in a high pony tail and slip on my shoes.

"I have the keys," Angela says as we make our way down to her car. I fasten my belt and she soon pulls off of the drive with ease. "So, you said the boy gave you four hundred?"

"Yeah," I laugh. "And his name's Brad."

"Do you like him?" She questions.

"I guess," I mumble and look out the window. As a matter of fact, I more than like him. I think he's amazing and beautiful and caring, despite how he was at the start of our friendship—our relationship.

"You like him a lot, don't you?" She says and before I can retort a comment, she stops me. "I'm not stupid Mol: I know I barely see you anymore but you've only been like this about one guy, and that's because he bought you free cookies. Don't be scared of admitting your feelings: tell him, and if he doesn't feel the same way he's missing out an amazing, smart and funny girl."

I have no words: you could say I'm speechless. I just smile at her gratefully and she nods and continues to drive.

⧫ ⧫ ⧫

Me and Angela had arrived at the mall not long after. Luisa and Ana had told us to meet them in a small cafe inside, since they were hungry.

Afterwards, we set off for river island to look at some different styled dresses. Brad told me that his sister said to wear something that's not too tight and short but equally not a long and flow-y.

"I still think you two are low-key dating and not telling us," Luisa sighs as she pics up the hem of a dress and lifts it so she can look at it but puts it back down as she notices the lace and flower embroidery on it.

"Who?" I ask, pretending to be stupid even though I full-well know she's on about me and Brad.

"You and Brad, dumbass," Ana says with a stern look. I avoid all contact with them as I focus on different dress styles.

"We're definitely not dating, and if we were, then you'd be the first ones to know," I assure them and sigh. "Can we look in the catalogs for an idea? There's barely any good choices here."

Ana nods and grabs my hand. The thing is, I only look decent in half of the outfits here and they're either not in my size or out of stock. However, Ana and Luisa would look amazing in all of them, whether they tried or not.

I open the catalog and skip through pages, often finding ones and then looking at the prices—I forgot that Brad had sent me more than enough money but I didn't want to spend it all.

Finally, I come across a two piece dress. It's a black, long sleeved shirt that turns into a choker at the top in the neck and then a mini skirt to fit it, that goes just above the knees.

"It looks amazing," Ana gawks. "And you'd look hot in that shit."

"You, definitely," I disagree. "Me, however, is a big no-no. I have the figure of an antelope."

"No you don't," Ana shakes her head and rolls her eyes. "Put these on with some block heel boots and you'll look amazing. Besides, you can try it on if they've got some in stock."

I give her a quick look and sigh. "Fine."

⧫ ⧫ ⧫

I ended up buying the dress—it oddly complimented my figure very well and was a reasonable price too.

Currently, me, Angela, Ana and Luisa are walking around the mall, browsing in different shops. I also ended up buying some fairy lights for my bed to wrap around the frame and a new lamp shade.

"I think we should head home," Angela yawns. "I don't wanna miss dinner."

"Yeah!" I agree and we depart from Luisa and Ana, then walk to the lift down to the bottom floor.

The lift opens and out steps four familiar boys.

"Fancy seeing you here," Brad grins. "I assume you're buying a dress for tomorrow."

"I've already bought one," I reply, showing him my bag. "What're you doing here?"

"Tristan needs to get some stuff for his dad and we were at his house for the night," Brad smiles. "I'll see you soon, yeah?"

"Yeah: tomorrow."

The boys carry on walking, Brad's arm brushing against mine and I look behind me to see him walking away. My heart starts beating fast and heavily against my chest and I can't do anything about it.

"Don't tell me you two aren't dating," Angela raises her eyebrows at me. "You two are something else."

"What?"

"Did you see his face when he saw you? It lit up so much." She says in awe. "It's cute."

"Thanks?" I laugh and walk into the lift, blushing.

next chapter's the dinner what's gonna happen ;)