twenty five

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

We all met Tristan and Ana at school, who were surprisingly friendly. It seemed they had talked over whatever problem they had at Brad's party.

"We have big news!" Ana smiles as we greet her. Brad stands beside me with his arm on my shoulder. It seems to have become such a normal thing for him to have his hands in my mine or his arm on my shoulder that I'm beginning to ignore it.

"What's the big news?" Luisa mocks Ana and I laugh halfheartedly.

"Well, Tristan and I have decided that us guys — plus James — should go on a trip over the weekend at his lake house! We'll make hot chocolates and bonfires!" She smiles and I frown.

"I don't know if my mom and dad will let me. . ." I lie, but in all honesty I just didn't want to go.

"Of course your mom and dad will let you! Your parents let you do anything," Ana rolls her eyes playfully and I sigh in agreement.

"I'll go if my parents say I can, okay?" I smile and Ana nods. "And as long as I don't drive, like always."

"You never drive!" Luisa gasps.

"Yes I do!" I grin at her and she sticks her tongue out at my playfully before I turn to Brad. "I'm going to class, see you soon, yeah?"

"Yeah, whatever," he says without looking at me and I feel offended, even though I probably shouldn't.

Maybe I did something wrong. . .

⧫ ⧫ ⧫

I meet Luisa and Ana at the table in the canteen like we always do, and I notice them staring at their phones and I roll my eyes.

"You guys are so social today! I love it!" I say and they barely acknowledge my presence, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Shh!" Ana says and I raise my eyebrows.

"What are you guys even looking at?" I ask and they don't reply. Informative.

"Do you think she just got it off of the Internet? It's probably not real," Luisa frowns.

"Who got what off of the Internet?"

"I'm not sure," Ana shakes her head, probably not answering my question. By now I'm slightly annoyed by my friends' lack of communication with me.

I slam my books down on the table, getting their attention and Luisa's phone almost goes flying but a pair of hands catch it mid-air. Connor.