twenty two

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

"A party?" I repeat after Luisa and she nods. Recently, I've been to way too many parties, and I just wanted a break from them.

"Yeah, a party," Luisa replies with another nod. We were outside before school, the cold weather making me shiver. "You should know: it's Brad's party."

"Why should I know just because it's Brad's party?" I roll my eyes and she huffs.

"Because there's definitely something going on between you and Brad!"

"That is not true!" I deny. "We're just friends. Besides, I'm not in the mood to party."

"It's a Friday night," Ana begs. "Please come!"

"I can't, honestly," I shake my head at her and she huffs.

"Why not?" Ana pouts.

"Uh. . . It's my sister's birthday," I lie, and although I didn't find it the least bit convincing, they were convinced.

"Are you having a big party?"

"No, just a small celebration," I give them a tight smile. "If it doesn't end late, I'll maybe come."

"In other news," Luisa huffs. "There was a fight last night at Porter's house."

"Porter Green's house?" I ask, frowning slightly. I was at that party, but when I left there hadn't been a fight.

"Yeah, between two guys from this school," Luisa nods. "Apparently one nearly went to hospital from their injuries."

"Oh my God. . ." I mumble. "Who was it between?"

"I'm not sure." Luisa shrugs and I pull out my phone, going to my messages.

Me: Heard there was a fight last night. Are you okay?

Brad: I'm fine. How did you find out?

Me: Luisa told me about it. Who was it between?

I wait impatiently for a reply but he doesn't get back to me. I decide that I'll ask him before first period class begins.

". . . And I was talking to Carla about it, and she told me it was only Tristan and a few others who were there," Ana shrugs. "That's why it was really unfair, because whoever started the fight had brought twenty people with him."