twenty four

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"Yeah, I just need a ride to school this one time," I say as I pack my books for school. "Please, Luisa! I'm literally begging."

"Fine, but you'll have to sit in the back — I already promised someone I'll give them and their friend a ride: I'll be there in five," she says and ends the call. I smile to myself and I jog downstairs and through the door, waiting for her.

When Luisa's car pulls up and someone steps outside the back door and opens it for me, I roll my eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me," I mumble as I climb in to the car and fasten my seat belt with a sigh. I noticed Connor in the front of the car, their hands laced together and smiles on their faces.

"We're gonna grab some breakfast at the cafe round the corner from school, I hope you don't mind," Luisa says as she pulls off.

"What about Ana?" I ask and look down at my phone.

"She's gonna meet us at school," my friend replies and I just nod, not even sure if she knew I nodded.

I sat the farthest I could from Bradley, whilst his arm extended across the seat. His fingers reach me and I could feel them playing with strands of my hair. I swatted his hand away, and playfully glared at him.

Luisa and Connor were involved in their conversation, and the radio station's music played through the speakers.

"As irresistible as I am, I don't like you, so stay on your side of the seat." Brad picked up his bag and placed it between us with a smirk, and I roll my eyes.

"This, really?" I ask and he smirks and turns away. "Trust me, I won't be coming on your side any time soon." I turn away too, looking outside.

With my eyes still on the window, I reach for my phone which I had kept besides me. All my hand felt was the seat and I could have sworn I put it down there.

I looked the other way to see my phone laying beside Brad, and I sigh and begin reaching over to retrieve it.

"Excuse me, can you stay on your side of the seat?" He frowned at me, pushing my hands away from my phone.

"You invaded my space when you took my phone," I said, persistent with my actions to get my phone back.

By now, both of our hands were tightly gripping the phone, which was probably one, tight squeeze before it broke. Of course, Brad wasn't actually going to break my phone, but equally he had a smirk on his face.

"Let go of the phone," he says calmly. I gave in too easily and moved my hands away from the phone.

The car came to a stop and Luisa jumped out, Connor doing so as well.

I look over to see Brad's phone laying in his bag and I quickly snatch it before unbuckling my seat belt and jumping out of the car, following Connor and Luisa. Reminder to self: ask Luisa what's going on between the pair later.

The pair found mine and Brad's situation nothing but amusing and weren't going to make any effort to help one of us, or at least help me.

I had nothing to hide on my phone, and I'm sure Brad didn't either, but I enter his passcode — 1111: what a dumbass — and I scroll through the pile of likes, comments and messages he has on Instagram, the only app he left open.

"Hey! Stop that!" He frowns and lunges for his phone but I move it away. "We trade phones on the count of three, yeah?"

"How do I know you're gonna get to two and take your phone and not give me mine back?" I raise an eyebrow and he sighs.

"I'll get Connor to count, okay?" He smiles and I nod, satisfied.

"One, two—" Connor began counting, a smile playing on his lips.

Before he can finish counting, I snatch my phone from Brad's grip and follow Luisa quickly to the table, both phones now parked in my hands.

I slide the phone into my jacket pocket and sit down beside the wall. That was a terrible idea because now Brad sat next to me and I have no way to escape.

We were handed menus and I ordered some toast, not really hungry. Connor and Luisa returned to their easy conversation as me and Brad sit in silence for a moment.

Brad was most definitely pissed at me, since I had taken his phone off of him. It was amusing to see him so annoyed and stubborn.

I pull out my phone and scroll through Instagram, just to rub it in that I had a phone and he didn't.

As I scrolled and scrolled, I feel his hand on my thigh and I wiggle uncomfortably.

"What are you doing?" My voice hitched. Since the night of the party, we hadn't spoken. I wasn't sure if he remembered the kiss or anything, but I certainly did. I just assumed we were going to return back to our hate-hate friendship.

"I thought my phone was in this pocket," he whispers quietly and I move his hand slowly away from my thigh. He coughs, clearing his throat. "Excuse me, love birds, but I need to talk to Mollie for a second."

"Do y—?" I begin but he hushes me and pulls me away. Flustered, he guides me into the empty toilet room and presses me against the wall.

He puts his lips on mine, roughly. My hands automatically move from his chest to his hair and I grip onto it as our lips move.

His hands are on my waist, tightly gripping as his groin presses against me and they move further and further up. As our momentum slows down, he pulls away, biting softly on my lips.

"I've been waiting so long to do that," he whispers. "Since you left that morning after the party, all I could think of was you, and your lips pressed against mine."

I stay silent, unsure of what to say in such an intimate moment. All of this was so sudden, and I bite my lip.

He steps away, his right hand lingering on me a second longer before he pulls his phone out of my pocket.

"I hope you don't mind, but I'll have that back," he smirks and then turns away, leaving me speechless.

What the hell just happened?

LOL THIS IS A MESS byE