thirty

CHAPTER THIRTY

CHAPTER THIRTY

His eyes scan over my body, a smirk tugging on his lips.

"You look beautiful," he says, replacing his smirk with a genuine smile. "As always."

"Thanks," I laugh and he takes my hand.

"You'll have to excuse the limo, my dad's an extravert." He says as I look behind his shoulder. A black limo is parked outside my house and I laugh.

"Where's the dinner?" I ask as we walk out the front porch after I closed the door. He tells me it's at his house, and that we have to take a detour to pick up everyone else.

We're the only ones in the limo as we set off and Brad offers me a glass of wine but I politely decline.

"I like the dress you bought," he compliments me as we pull up to Ana's house. Tristan is already here with Connor and Luisa, and James is at his house, where we're going next.

"Ana helped me choose it," I reply as they all climb in.

Ana smiles. "What did I choose?"

"My outfit," I say and she nods with a big grin. The rest of the way there consists of Brad holding my hand and playing with my fingers and jokes around.

When we arrive, Brad helps me step out the door and takes off his jacket and places it on my shoulders.

"I don't want you to get cold," he explains as he holds my hand.

"I won't get cold anyway, but thanks." I laugh and my boot heels click against the concrete floor.

This dinner party was far from a teenage party we were all used to, and people weren't making out on the stairs, in fact they were all shaking hands and greeting everyone with a smile.

"Master Simpson," the doorman smiles at Brad as he walks through the door with me at his side.

"Why do I feel very intimidated by everyone here?" I laugh nervously, moving closer to Brad the more we walk.

"Don't be, I'm right here and can promise you that they're not gonna do anything," He says and squeezes my hand in comfort. "Do you want a drink or snack whilst we wait for all the guests to arrive?"

"This is so posh," I laugh. "But I'd love a glass of wine, sir."

He grins and picks up two full glasses of wine and hands me one. Lifting up my other hand, he brings it to his lips and softly kiss it.

"I hope you're okay, M'lady," he says with a grin. "How about I introduce you to my dad?"

"Your dad scares me," I admit as we walk over to him: he has multiple business men talking to him, but they all fall silent as Brad and I walk over.

"This is my son, Bradley," his father introduces Brad. "And his date, Mollie." I smile lightly, blushing. I'm not used to be calling someone's date.

"Will Bradley be taking over the family business when you step down?" One of the business women ask and Brad's father goes into a conversation how he would prefer Brad to but it's up to him.

"It's so hot in here."

"How about we go on a walk?" Brad suggests and I smile and nod. "Follow me, princess."

Brad holds out his arm and I look my own with his and we walk through the grande hall that everyone was in and through the back exit.

"There's some gardens my father looks after in his spare time," Brad says. "When I was younger I'd help him."

"I hated gardening as a kid," I admit, scrunching up my nose. "I don't even know why, it always bored me just thinking about it."

"Did you ever even try it?" He laughs as we reach outside and the cold air hits me and I'm suddenly thankful that Brad gave me his jacket earlier.

"No," I laugh. "My mom and dad never wanted to do much with me when I was younger."

"I'm sure they did something."

"Does wiping my arse count?"

"Don't be like that, they love you," Brad chuckles and pulls me closer, his hand suddenly touching my cheek and I blush. "I definitely do."

"Hmm," I smile up at him.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks, already leaning in closer.

"No."

"What?"

"I'm kidding."

"Oh."