Friendship

Cody Carson:

"Hey French Horn! Wait up!" I spun around to see my good friend Cody "Clarinet" Carson, running after me. Ok, more like trying to run. It was a rather odd, loping pace. He was never good at sports, not that I blamed him. I wasn't any good either.

I stopped, a smirk playing at my lips. "S'up Clarinet. Where you headed in such a hurry?" I ask.

"Spanish, duh!" He nudged me hard in the shoulder. "With Senorita Loez."

I adjust my messenger bag containing my textbooks, notebooks, and laptop. "Ah, right, right." I shake my head. "Have fun with that."

"I'll try. I'm not holding out too much hope though." He sighed and I knew what he was thinking about. His grade was slipping little by little in that class and he hated it with a burning passion. "I'm just bad at everything I guess."

I took a step in front of him and stared him deep in the eyes. He flinched at how intense my stare was, but it didn't waver. "CODY CHARLES CARSON, you listen to me right now. Spanish is NOT the most important class in the world and you know it! You are the most clever, most talented, most awesome guy I know. I know you're going to find a way out of this mess; you always do. So don't let a few bad tests spoil your future. I can tell your future is going to be bright." I holler at the top of my lungs, my eyes crackling with a lightning of determination.

He looked around nervously as the passers-by stared. "Did you have to say it so loud?" He whispered, grabbing my arm and pulling me along.

"Yes, I did. This entire school should know how awesome you are!" I say a little louder, making his red face darken. I start laughing and he groans.

"Ok, ok, I get it." He pressed on, picking up the pace.

"See? That's how you get people to listen to you. You embarrass them." I said mostly to myself, smirking.

He gave me an incredulous look. "Really? You embarrassed me just so I'd pay attention to you? You're so mean to me!" He whined and I laughed.

"Of course I am Clarinet!" I ruffle his hair and he groaned again. "Get used to it. I do that to all my friends." I warn.

"Friends?"

I gave him a weird look. "Well, yeah. Why? Did you think we weren't friends? I mean I call you Clarinet and you call me French Horn, for goodness sakes! That's a thing only friends do." I playfully punch him on the shoulder. "Get your head out of the clouds Carson!"

He scratched the back of his head. "I guess I didn't know that was what friends do. I've never really had a friend like you before." He admitted sheepishly.

"Really?" I sounded bewildered. "Well, you have at least four. You have Maxx, Zach, Dan, and me. So you can now tell people you have friends who are true friends. Sound like a deal?" I held out my hand.

He smiled and shook it. "Deal."

Maxx Danziger:

"The usual Mr. Danziger?" I ask, trying not to crack up. It was a long running joke between the two of us. He would come into the store and we both tried to act really "professional","grown-up", and "mature". But a lot of the times, someone broke and it would fade into a usual conversation between to childish young adults with too much time on their hands.

"Mmm, I think I would like to try five Crullers instead of the Peppermint donuts and Donut Holes and I would also like the sultry woman behind the counter if you do not mind, Ms. L/N." He smirked.