Mythical Creature

Cody Carson:

I looked in the mirror, trying to decide where I got this bite mark on my arm. We didn't do anything last night, we were both too exhausted to even think about it. So why did I have teeth marks that were bleeding subtly in the middle of my left forearm? Cody passed the bathroom and glanced in before stopping. He looked guilty for a split-second before asking what happened.

"I don't know," I said, puzzled. I then added, with little amusement, "Do you Clarinet?"

He gave a weak smile. "No..."

I rolled my eyes. "Cut the crap. You bit me last night! Why? I thought you were tired from filming your acoustic cover of That's What I Like?" (A/n not-so-shameless promo).

He shrugged. "I was."

"Cody Charles "Clarinet" Carson..." I crossed my arms and fixed him with a hard glare.

It always made him fess up. "I'm a siren." Ok, I wasn't expecting that.

"What?" I asked, shipping around to face him.

He shrugged again. "I'm a siren. My voice makes people fall in-"

"I know what a siren is Cody. My question is: aren't sirens supposed to be, I don't know, female?" I inquired.

He growled. "THAT'S A VICIOUS STEREOTYPE AND I DO NOT APPRECIATE YOU BRINGING IT UP!"

I held up my hands in surrender. "Ok geez! I'm sorry. So, is our relationship built on lies? Did you use your voice to seduce me and that's why we're together?"

He shook his head. "No! No Diamond Girl no! I love you! I really really do! Besides, it only happens in October. So I have not lied to you at all."

I looked at him skeptically before breaking into a smile. "Ok, I believe you."

"Oh thank God." He mumbled before hugging me. "Are we good now?"

"Yes," I whispered in his ear. "But I have one new rule."

"And that is?"

"No biting."

Maxx Danziger:

I woke up to the feeling of being lightly slapped. Thinking it was Pistol I shoved the being away. That's when I heard a small voice say, "WHAT THE H*CK Y/N!"

I bolted up and saw a tiny blob tumble down the covers. They popped up and there was Maxx, dusting off a green top hat. I blinked, thinking I was still asleep.

He glared up at me. "You know, you could've been nicer to me. You knocked the wind out of me you know!" His tiny, slightly Irish voice yelled. I blinked again, not sure how to react to this. "Are you going to say anything?" He barked.

I hesitated before saying. "You're tiny."

He rolled his eyes. "Duh! I'm a foot tall!"

"You're wearing green. Like an absurd amount of green."

"Of course! I'm your stereotypical leprechaun." He gave a sarcastic bow and continued to frown.

"Ok, why?" I asked, adjusting myself so I was sitting in a more comfortable position, staring down at my tiny fiance.

He shrugged. "Curse I would say. Happens every October. Fate is cruel you know." He warned.

I nodded. "I know."

"So," He paused before giving me a sheepish smile. "Does this, you know, bother you?"

I thought for a second before I said, "Is this like every day or every night or, what are we talking here?"