•prologue•

Miss Peregrine slowly steps out of the loop entrance, mindfully turning her head around to see if anyone was watching. She wanted to have a nice relaxing walk after all the crazy things that have happened. The headmistress heard something crinkle in the sand, which she prepared herself for whatever was going to attack her.

But it wasn't what she expected. A girl stepped out from the wall of rocks. The first thing that Miss Peregrine notices were her magical purple eyes and she immediately recognizes as a peculiar. Similar to the Ymbrynes, but instead of turning into a bird, they actually had wings hidden behind their backs, plus the manipulation of objects using their powerful minds.

 Similar to the Ymbrynes, but instead of turning into a bird, they actually had wings hidden behind their backs, plus the manipulation of objects using their powerful minds

(yeah there's also a star in the middle and all dat sparkly shit but you can leave those out if you're not so extra like me lol)

The girl, who seems to be at the age of 15, looks up at Miss Peregrine with wide eyes. The purple in her eyes were starting to fade and were tinted with gray after a few seconds. Quite weird, she thought. After all her insane experiences, she found this one the most intriguing.

For a few moments, the girl looked confused but when realization hit her, she straightened her posture and placed in genuine smile across her face.

"Miss Peregrine! I'm really sorry to interrupt your walk," she paused. She knew she was socially awkward and talking to people was kind of difficult for her. Especially since she was looked down all her life because of her abilities.

"It's alright, it wouldn't be too much if I asked for an explanation, right? And aren't you one of Miss Avocet's children?" Miss Peregrine asks, her brows furrowed in confusion. Didn't all Miss Avocet's children die?

"Well I am. I was the only one who escaped after the hollow raided our loop in Blackpool. I saw Miss Avocet escape too." She stated.

"I'm dreadfully sorry to be bringing you the news my dear, but she passed away after a hollow raided our loop too." Miss Peregrine opens her arms for the girl, which she gladly accepted as a hug. Tears were brimming her eyes. She couldn't believe the only person that ever cared for her, and along with the other children, had died.

"I'll be fine." The girl says sorrowfully. "I'm Y/N, I'm sorry I just interrupted, it's been so long since I've seen anyone I actually knew,"

"Miss Peregrine, delighted to finally meet you." The headmistress smiles. "Do you have anywhere to stay?"

"Actually, there isn't."

"My children would love to meet you. And perhaps, you could stay with us." Miss Peregrine offers the girl, her purple eyes sparkling with excitement.

"It would be an honor." Y/N says, grinning happily.