•five•

Miss Peregrine and the other chilren rush inside to find Enoch sat on the floor, waiting patiently for Y/N to wake up.

"Enoch. Explain." The headmistress demands, her eyebrows furrowed together in anger. Enoch shamefully stands up to face Miss Peregrine, preparing himself to get scolded by the bird.

"It wasn't his fault," Fiona defends, "I asked Y/N to move the rocks, when I should've asked Bronwyn..." She admits, her head held down.

"Y/N tried to move them all at once, then her hands started to shake. I told her to put them down but she refused. The second time I told her to, she said they wouldn't move." Enoch explains.

Suddenly, Jacob bursts into the room with Emma behind him. "What happened? Is Y/N okay?"

"Why do you care about her?" Enoch asks him possessively, his fists curled up tightly.

"Enoch," Olive scolds, eyeing him.

Jacob looks at him angrily as he moves closer to the couch, but Enoch's arm stops him. "Stay away." He demands.

Miss Peregrine ignores their fighting and places her hand on Y/N's forehead and examines her slight movements. "The process of moving the rocks drained her power, and her strength. She'll need someone to take care of her as her body is still very weak," Miss Peregrine explains as she scanned the children's faces.

"Her eyes were black, I saw them before she fell asleep." Enoch states and Miss Peregrine nods. "Black means weak. Now, Jacob, take care of Y/N will you?"

"Uh, sure." Jacob says nervously, he didn't know much about her, nor her peculiarity, so how hard would it be to take care of her until she recovered?

And if it isn't already obvious, Enoch didn't want that. He wanted to be the one taking care of Y/N until she recovered to show that he really cared about her. His face was just a pure look of irritation and jealousy.

Enoch ran upstairs to his room—well, him and Y/N's. His room had two beds on either side of the wall and Miss Peregrine decided it would be best if Y/N claimed the other one.

The bird exits the house, off to her errands. Jacob looks at the sleeping beauty on the couch and picks her up bridal style and carries her upstairs to her room. As he opens the door, he's greeted by one of Enoch's homunculi creatures dancing on the other bed. He must've gone out, Jacob thought.

He places Y/N gently on her bed, which the headboard was decorated in fairy lights and her duvet was as fluffy as the clouds, and he thought it was adorable. She might've been as brave as a warrior, but as he presumed, she had a bubbly personality.

As Jacob starts to let go, Y/N's hand unconsciously grabs his shirt so he was unable to let go. He had no choice but to lay in bed beside her until she had woken up, or at least when she lets go.

He lay there, playing with her hair as he too, slowly fell asleep.

Half an hour later, Enoch walks in, startling Jacob as he hurriedly stood up, Y/N was still sleeping soundly.

"What're you doing?" Enoch interrupts.

"Taking care of her, you don't have a problem with it do you?" Jacob defends, his anger showing too.

"Yes, I do, because I really like Y/N and you shouldn't be the one taking care of her!" He shouts unintentionally, but thankfully Y/N hadn't woken up.

Jacob stood there, speechless. It hadn't come to him as a surprise as it was obvious that Enoch liked Y/N—the way he would possessively act around her and the way he fought him—but he still found it surprsing that Enoch just admitted it.