•six•

"Y/N, please wake up, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have agreed to you helping me," Jacob says worriedly, staring into Y/N's closed eyes.

"Jake, I-I'm fine." She opens her eyes as she struggled to get a word out. Her eyes were black just like it was before.

"No, you're clearly not." Jacob looks into her eyes. Even though he could hardly distinguish her irises from her pupils, they were still as beautiful as the first time he saw them. Y/N found his eyes just as mesmerizing. "Get some rest, okay? I'll see you tomorrow." He says, starting to let go.

"Jake, wait." Y/N stops him as she sat up, looking at his eyes again. "Thank you." She kisses Jacob's cheek sweetly as he blushed heavily.

"For what?" He asks, still dumbfounded by her gesture.

"For agreeing to take care of me and putting up with my stubbornness." Y/N smiles, and Jacob does too.

"No problem. Goodnight," He stands up and kisses the top of her head before exiting the door. Y/N looks over to her sleeping roommate and sighs.

~

The next morning, Y/N found herself waking up before Enoch did, which was unusual. She usually woke up the latest out of all the children and often got scolded by the headmistress. Miss Peregrine and her strict rules.

The sun had risen, 30 minutes ago as Y/N guessed.

Breakfast was actually 2 hours after sunrise, so she obviously had to go back to sleep, cause what the hell was she going to do with all the time?

"I'll just go for a walk," Y/N whispers to herself.

If she wasn't that weak, she would've gone to the roof and from there, fly around the island. But since she is that weak, she had to take the stairs.

Ugh.

She snuck out the door, tip toeing her way out.

"Y/N?" She turns around to see a sleepy Jacob in his pajamas and freezes in her tracks. "Where're you going?"

"It's early, why are you awake?"

"Why are YOU awake?"

"I couldn't sleep, Jake."

"Well you have to rest, Y/N."

"Screw that, I'm going out for a walk." Y/N said as she made her way down the stairs.

"I'll go with you. After all, I'm supposed to look out for you." He smiles.

"Fine. Just go out in your pajamas."

"No, that's ridiculous."

Jacob agrees after a while of persuading and they walk downstairs side by side. He had to fight the urge to intertwine Y/N's fingers with his.

They headed out the door, making sure to close it quietly for if they didn't, they would probably end up getting scolded by the bird for sneaking out.

Y/N stopped by the pond in front of the house and tried to lift the water, just to test out her power. She could—only parts of it though. He strength was still missing.

"Y/N stop." Jacob tells her, getting worried that she might collapse again. She lets the water settle down and sighs sorrowfully.

"What if I'll never get to use my power again? What If I won't be able to help you battle anymore?" She asks, more to herself than anyone else.

"No, no, no, Y/N, don't say that. You will recover I promise. And until then, I'll be there by your side." Jacob smiles softly. There was something about him that made her feel at home.

"Does that mean you'll leave me after I'm able to control my peculiarity again?"

"No. I'd never leave you,"

Y/N starts to blush, refusing to look into his baby blues as he tried to make a coherent sentence.

"How's 2017? It's been 70 years since I've been in the present, except for that time I exited loops," She laughs.

"Great. Have you heard of phones?" Jacob teases, laughing slightly.

"I have, but I haven't exactly used them,"

"Well, um, let me show you." He suggests, fishing his phone from out of his pocket and showing it to Y/N.

"Um. What can you do with it?"

"Take pictures, make calls, send messages, you know, stuff." Jacob answers awkwardly, scanning the phone screen. His eyes land on the camera icon and he opens it.

"See, you can take photos with it." He presses the take picture button and shows Y/N.

"That's awesome," She says amazed.

Even though the picture was only for show, he still didn't want to delete it. One day he might even look back and remember the times he spent with Y/N, and also because she looked so beautiful.

Jacob puts his phone back in his pocket before continuing to talk to Y/N.

An hour later, Y/N realizes that it was almost time for breakfast and she stood up from the grass, pulling Jacob with her.

"C'mon silly. It's almost time for breakfast."

Jacob smiles as he intertwined their fingers together—not fighting the urge this time. Y/N was a little shocked at the gesture, but she didn't mind it at all. In fact, she rested her head on Jacob's shoulder as they walked back to the house.

Fortunately for them, no one was awake, or at least downstairs. They went back to their rooms and Y/N entered hers, spotting Enoch standing in front of the mirror, fixing his clothes. His face lit up when he saw her reflection on the mirror.

"Where were you?"

"I was out for a walk."

"Okay," He breathed, relieved. "Get ready for breakfast."

Something seemed a bit off with Enoch, but she brushed it off.

~

this is a bit late, sorry.

i hope you guys enjoyed it tho

~ anastasia 💟