•ten•

Jacob could hardly sleep. Instead, he spent the rest of the night staying at the rooftop where he found the book about the contellations that Y/N kept reading. The page was still open on the history of Queen Cassiopeia.

He sighed scanning through the pages. If only Y/N was there with him—pointing out the different constellations that could be seen.

The next day, by dawn, Y/N had woken up.

She couldn't move her hands for her wrists had been tied up to the pole she was leaning on. The room she was in was empty. It was worn out, that was obvious because the wallpaper had been scratched and torn apart and the ceiling looked like it was going to fall any second.

Lost in her thoughts, she hadn't noticed the man walking towards her. "And guess what? Sleeping beauty has awoken without a kiss!" Barron laughs loudly. Her expression changes from confused and scared to angry. "You don't need Jake! But too bad your Romeo hasn't saved you,"

"Jake will come!" Y/N argues, more to herself than anyone else.

"Keep hoping, honey!" Barron mocks as he exits the door, making sure to lock it.

"He made a big mistake locking a telekinetic in here," Y/N whispers, trying to take control of the rope to untie itself. But it would hardly budge. She tried to move something else in the room, like a piece of paper, she did and made it float for a few seconds in the air before it shook and fell.

Y/N lost her strength.

She was scared she'd never get it back.

And Jacob was scared he'd never get her back.

He was sat at the front of the carriage while Emma guided the horse with Horace next to her, asking him for the right direction to the abandoned house.

"This way, wait, no, um—"

"Never have I heard such a posh young gentleman stutter," Emma teases him. "Hurry, Horace. Which way? Left?"

"Right."

"Okay, we're going left then."

"No, right."

"You don't make sense."

"YOU don't make sense."

"Horace!" Miss Peregrine scolds, "Stop your blabbering. Y/N's life is depending on this."

"Okay, okay, we go right, Emma." He sighs.

"Jake," Olive, who was beside him, calls. She was trying to get his attention, which was hard because it looked like he was drowning in his thoughts. "Jake," She calls again, this time successfully. "Are you alright? We'll get there soon, and we'll save her." She says with a smile.

"I hope so." Jacob sighed sadly.

~

its like 2 am here in london and i tried to edit this

im off to sleep

thanks for reading muffins :)

~ anastasia 💟