•four•

Y/N stays quiet after Jacob doesn't reply. They continue walking and he catches up so he was now walking beside her.

"So," He starts, avoiding eye contact. "What brought you here?"

"I'm one of Miss Avocet's children. I went to this island hoping to find my aunt but I came across Miss Peregrine instead. She was kind enough to take me in." Y/N explains.

Jacob asks her about how she was sent to Miss Avocet's home. Y/N was sensitive to the topic but she didn't hesitate to tell him.

"All I remember was my parents locked me inside my room after I dropped some plates and my little sister opened my door accidentally out of curiosity. But unlike most of my siblings, she was actually nice to me and set me free. I ran away as far as I could, and Miss Avocet found me eventually." She says, tears brimming her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked—" He stops after seeing her eyes turn blue, and tears streaming down her face. Jacob faces her and lifts her chin. He looks into his eyes which were tinted with a beautiful aqua, and matched his. He lifts his thumb and drags it across her cheek, wiping the tears.

Y/N realizes how awkward the situation must've looked like so shook her head slightly and turned her head away from him. "What about you? What brought you here?" She asks, changing the topic.

"My grandfather. He called me one night and I found him in the woods eyeless. He told me to find Miss Peregrine and the loop. I did, after my psychiatrist manage to convince my parents that heading to Wales to find the children's home might help me "recover". It's a long story, but we managed to prevent my grandfather from dying, and I live with him, but I visit the home sometimes." Jacob explains.

(okay I know jake is back with his parents in florida but they're on vacation at the moment and they decided to stay in the island so at the same time, jake can visit miss peregrine. not the best choice for a vacay, but jake was stubborn enough to convince his parents and grandpa)

"Jake, it sounds like you're a really brave person." Y/N compliments as Jacob smiles.

"I'm really not." He laughs.

The finally arrive at the house, seeing Enoch's doll running around at the front yard. It was weird, but Enoch's dolls had grown accustomed to her presence and they liked her just as much as Enoch did. So it wasn't a suprise when the homunculi creature ran to Y/N to greet her.

"Enoch must've left these running around." Y/N giggles as she picks it up using her powers and rests it upon her palm. "Mind going with me to find Enoch?"

"Sure."

They walk through the children playing and when they saw Jacob, they immediately run over to greet him.

"Jake! You're back!" Bronwyn exclaims, bringing Jacob into her arms and lifting him up.

"Jake, Miss Peregrine would be delighted to see you. She's gone out somewhere, but she'll be back before supper." Hugh says, his bees escaping from his mouth.
"Hughhhh!" Fiona complains, her head swarmed by bees. "Sorry," He apologizes and sucks them back in.

"I thought you were back in Florida?" Millard asks.

"We're on vacation, and my parents decided to stay here so I could visit you guys." Jake smiles genuinely, lifting Claire to kiss her cheek. She was quite shy, so he always had to greet her first.

He puts her down and asks, "Have any of you seen Enoch?"

"He's sulking behind that tree," Horace says. "Y/N's absence made him quite worried,"

"Yeah, we told him you went out for a walk but he wouldn't believe us." Bronwyn adds, looking at Y/N and then to the tree nearby.

"Oh," Y/N sighs as she starts to head to the tree and looked back at the children, "Thank you!" Jacob follows after her.

"Enoch?" She looks behind the tree and Enoch was there, mindlessly playing with his dolls as he sat on the log.

"Y/N!" Enoch stands and brings her into his Arms, not realizing that Jake was watching them. For some reason, he just didn't like the sight of Enoch hugging her, even though they just met and he shouldn't be so defensive.

"I was so worried you wouldn't come back." He says relieved as he hugged her tighter.

"The other kids already told you, I was out for a walk. And um, Enoch. Jake's here." Y/N chuckles as Enoch pulls apart from their hug.

"Jake?" He calls, looking behind her as she stepped back a bit so they could hug each other.

"It's nice to see you again," Jake smiles as he took his friend into his arms. "I see Y/N has already found someone."

"What? Me? No! Me and Enoch are just friends—"

"He seems more worried about you than anyone else."
"I didn't know she was out! I thought Y/N ran away and would never come back," Enoch said nervously as he tries to defend himself but it was more clear than glass; he really did like her.

"Y/N can you please help me with the garden? Miss Peregrine has arrived and she wants me to rearrange the plants," Fiona chirps in, a look of desperation plastered across her face.

"Sure, Fiona." She looks at Enoch, who had that signature stern look on his face, and then to Jake. "Jake, Emma's inside if you want to see her."

"Okay, I'll see you guys later." He waves, heading to the house.

"You can help too, you know, Grumpy." Y/N laughs.

"Fine," Enoch stands up as they follow Fiona to her garden.

"She wants the carrots to be there," Fiona points to a group of huge, heavy rocks near the trees with a frown. "But there are rocks blocking the area. Could you please move them?"

"I'll try," Y/N says, starting to lift up the rocks all at once and trying to move them to the other side. It was more than heavy, and if she was being honest, it took a huge toll on her power. Her hands started to shake and her expression changed but she pushed herself to do it.

As soon as Enoch noticed this, he became worried. "Y/N, stop, I'll call Bronwyn to do it,"

"No, it's f-fine." Her voice was shaking.

"Y/N, put them down," Enoch demands, yet he was gentle.

"I can't, oh my god, I can't put them down," Fiona had had a panicked look on her face and it wasn't any different from Enoch's expression.

"Enoch, help me! They won't move!" Y/N says, almost entering a panic attack.

"I'll go get Miss Peregrine," Fiona says, dashing into the house to find their headmistress.

"Y/N, I don't know what to do, try dropping them," He suggests in the calmest possible way that he could. Y/N's hands were shaking vigorously as she dropped them as far from the plants as she could so it wouldn't ruin them. She falls to the ground, tired and panicking. Enoch catches her, wrapping him around his arms.

"Y/N, oh my god, are you okay? What happened back there?" He asks her, his voice was laced with concern as he stroked her hair softly, looking into her pitch black eyes.

"Your eyes," The color was new, and since he didn't know what it meant, he started to panic. Enoch picked her up bridal style, brought her inside, and placed her gently on the couch.

Y/N falls unconscious as Enoch nervously sits beside her.

~

hello! im trying to update everyday, and it's going well so far. i hope your day is too 💛

~ anastasia 💟