•eight•

Jacob was left there, sitting on the roof as he sighed to himself.

Meanwhile, Y/N enters her and Enoch's shared bedroom, but doesn't spot him anywhere. She immediately looks for him.

She opens the bathroom door and finds Enoch, with his back faced to her, on the sink.

Y/N walks up to him quietly and finds that he was cutting himself with a small knife.

"Enoch! Oh my god," She looks at him, eyes wide open. There was blood all over his forearm and his eyes were bloodshot from all the crying. "Why?" She questions sadly.

Enoch shuts his eyes as tears run down his cheeks. "Because, Y/N." He started, "I feel like I'm not good enough for you."

"You are, Enoch. But I'm not the girl for you. I'm sorry." She hugs him tightly, attempting to comfort him, not even caring if the blood stained her clothes.

"Tell me. Did I ever have a chance?"

"Maybe you did." She said sadly. "Now, let's get you to bed, okay?"

Enoch stayed silent as he watched Y/N clean off the blood gently and wrapping a piece of cloth around it.

After leading him to his bed and making sure he was comfortable, she stared into his eyes and told him; "I'm sorry." before kissing his forehead and heading to bed.

The next day went by swiftly. Y/N made sure to be near Enoch's side to make him feel better. Jacob on the other hand, wasn't very happy with her gesture, but since Y/N had told him about what happened the night before, he had to accept it.

It had become a habit for Jacob to stay at the rooftop if he didn't have anything to do, especially at night when he wasn't able to sleep. And another reason why he loved to stay there was because of Y/N.

Jacob noticed that it was her favorite place to look at the sunrise, sunset, and even just the moon at midnight. It seemed like she found hope whenever she looked at the horizon, and he found that mesmerizing-the way someone found such interest in something so simple.

And somehow, in some way, he found himself doing just that; staring endlessly into the sky, no matter what color it was-when it was inked blue, with a tint of orange and red during the sunset, or when the canvas was all navy blue as different shades of purple and aqua bleeded over it like a watercolor painting during the nighttime.

So it wasn't a surprise anymore when Jacob found Y/N sitting at the rooftop that night, quietly connecting the stars to form some kind of shape. Overtime, he also learned that Y/N had developed an interest in constellations.

"Hi, Jake." She turned her head to see the boy sitting next to her.

"Found any constellations today?" Jacob asked her curiously.

"I did," Y/N smiled as she held a book to show Jacob a picture of a constellation shaped like a W. She pointed to the illustration shown on the book then to the sky.

"That," Y/N continued, "Is the constellation of Cassiopeia-there isn't much said about it here, but all I know is that it was named after the vain queen Cassiopeia in Greek mythology. She used to always boast about her beauty," She explained to Jacob whose jaw almost reached the ground. "What?"

He laughs, "Nothing, it's just that you're so smart."

"I'm not." Y/N's giggle fills his ears. "This is just basic information, and oh!" She suddenly remembers something, picking up the book and scanning fastly along the pages. "It is also said that Cassiopeia spends six months every year upside down in the sky as punishment for her boastfulness," She read, smiling.

Jacob loved how she found so much interest in the constellations and the meanings behind them. It's cause her eyes would always sparkle with excitement whenever she found something new.

"Poseidon punished her right?" Jacob asks Y/N, hoping to show her that he too, had some interest.

"Yeah, after the nymphs asked him to do it." She replied, grinning with excitement.

They continued to chat about more constellations, the stories behind them and how they were discovered. An idea sparked in Jacob's head.

"Can we go down the beach for a walk?"

"At night?" Y/N chuckles.

"Yeah, why not?"

"Okay, fine." She laughs as Jacob pulls her up and they end up standing closer than expected. Their faces were too close. He leaned in but just like before, Y/N's head turned the other way. He sighed quietly.

They head downstairs, even though Y/N wanted to fly down from the roof. Jacob wouldn't let her to avoid her from collapsing again.

Once they reached the beach shore, Y/N inhaled the fresh breeze calmly as she looked at the ocean. The waves that were crashing the rocks caused a sound that reminded her of summers on the coast.

"The simplest things can be so beautiful, huh, Jake?" She looked at him, but he was too busy admiring her.

"Yeah," Jacob smiled, realizing that he'd been staring for too long. He looked behind her. For a moment, it seemed like there was something-a figure all too familiar-there.

He shook his head, hoping it was just another figment of his imagination, but it wasn't.

"Jake are you okay?" She turned her head and saw an unfamiliar face.

"Y/N, fly." Jacob pulled her behind him, as if to shield her and confronted the person.

"Barron." He whispered, his eyebrows furrowed together in anger.

"Who?" Y/N asks, confused. She hadn't heard of anyone named Barron on the island, and although she had heard Miss Avocet mention the name a couple of times during her storytimes, she didn't believe that it would be him, standing in front of them now.

"Y/N, fly, please." Jacob pleaded, trying to keep her safe.

"Jake, I can't, they won't appear," Y/N cried, referring to her wings. She was now panicking. Mr. Barron had an evil grin plastered across his face and his hand had shapeshifted into an axe to defend himself.

"Jake!" He called playfully, moving forward while Jacob and Y/N were backing up slowly. "And who's this pretty lady?"

"Don't touch her." Jacob defends angrily, putting an arm in front of her.

"Moved on from that floating freak, I see. Well, I'm Mr Barron, a pleasure to meet you." He held out his right hand, which was previously an axe, and once Y/N wouldn't shake it, he turned it back into one. "Not very friendly, as I presume."

Jacob looked behind him and tells Y/N to run, but she wouldn't.

"I'm staying here with you, and we'll fight him together. Like we did with that hollow, remember?" She assures him, putting on a smile.

Y/N lifts a group of medium-sized rocks and throws them to Barron, some of them missing, but it was enough to distract him. "Very aggressive too." Barron laughs.

"Run!" She yells, turning the other direction.

~

ive actually finished writing all the chapters, and all i need to do is post them everyday so its pretty much guaranteed that this will be finished! :D

~ anastasia 💟