•blurb #4: untitled•

(switched the POVs now. instead of "Y/N said" it will be "you said")

You and Jacob were a happy couple. Ever since prom, he'd been much more comfortable in asking you out to dates. Some would call you the annoyingly cute couple, but you didn't care—you were in love, and honestly, no one could stop that.

You noticed that Jacob was getting more confident being around people, as long as you were there with him.

But you also noticed that he began to drift away from you.

It's not like he was avoiding you or anything—it was just that he was more busy in his studies. So every time he'd be home, which was usually at 5 pm but now, it was pushed forward for another hour, you wouldn't have time to spend time with each other. He'd go straight to doing his homework and different projects.

You, although feeling ignored, accepted that he had much more important things to do than cuddle you for the rest of the evening. So you spent that time staying at the roof, just like you always did in the home back in Wales.

Wales, you thought. You missed everyone so much.

A week later, that continued and you were so tired of it. You wanted to confront Jacob about it.

I'm your girlfriend and I need attention, is what you wanted to tell him, but you kept it to yourself. So here you were one afternoon waiting for Jacob, on the rooftop for what felt the hundredth time—even though you knew he wouldn't greet you.

You stood up and let your wings appear from behind. You wondered how weird it must've looked to see a teenage girl dressed in jeans and a sweater with wings, but fortunately, they were slightly translucent and kind of iridescent.

You flew up—faster and higher until you reached the top of the clouds.

Never in your life had you seen something so beautiful and you wished you'd done this sooner

Never in your life had you seen something so beautiful and you wished you'd done this sooner. You stayed there for a full 10 minutes, staring into the sunset as your wings fluttered softly behind you.

You sighed heavily to yourself. Now you knew how hard it was to have a relationship. Suddenly, your phone rang. You didn't want one at first, because honestly, what was the point? But Jacob had gotten you one just incase you were separated from him and you'd be able to call each other.

To no surprise, Jacob was calling.

"Hey," You greeted sadly, holding the phone up to your ear as you waited for him to speak.

"Y/N? Where are you?!" He asked with a mix of anger and concern.

You furrowed your eyebrows at his sudden aggression, nevertheless, you answered with a calm tone.

"Jake, I'm—" You paused, you couldn't just tell him that you were above the clouds. That was far too weird to say. "I was just taking my wings out to fly. I'll be there—"

"You better be, because I've been worried sick about you all afternoon!" He breathes, realizing that he should probably be more quiet and calmer. "Look, Y/N. I'm just—Nevermind, we'll talk about this when you get here," He tells you, hanging up.

You flew down the clouds as you reached the rooftop of his house, then entering the attic window before going to his room.

Jacob was sat on the bed, hands covering his face which was held down. It looked like he'd been crying.

"Jake?" You called as he stood up and stared into your eyes.

"Y/N, I'm sorry." Jacob tells you, tears brimming his eyes. "For what?"

"For being so aggressive, I was just so worried about you and I thought you ran away—"

"Why would you even think that?" You asked him, a little bit offended.

"Because, it's like I drifted away from you. We're spending less time with each other and you probably think I'm avoiding you." He breathes, wiping away the tears.

Seeing this, you tried your hardest not to cry. But obviously, you failed. "Jake. I would never leave. I don't care if you have more important things to do than just spend time with me because I understand that you're growing up and schoolwork is getting harder and I'm so sorry that I made you think I was leaving you—"

"Kiss me." He demands, cutting you off.

"Excuse me?" You asked him, dumbfounded by his sudden order.

"Just kiss me Y/N."

And with that, you leaned in and smashed your lips to his. A few moments later, you pulled away from him and smiled.

You stood there, his hands still gripping your waist as you placed yours on his chest. He stares into your purple eyes which turned a pinkish red shade to stand for passion.

"I love you so much. I promise I'll make more time for you." He promised, smiling.

You grinned happily.

"I love you too."

~

im planning to make another x reader, but this time it's an Enoch one

anyone up for it? :)

~ anastasia 💟