•three•

Emma and Olive became one of Y/N's best friends. The other children were fond of her, too—always begging to accompany them to their walks and asking her to play with them, which she gladly accepted. Even though Enoch hardly talked to her, he didn't have anything against the new peculiar. He just wasn't good at expressing himself through words, he was more on action. Literally. On Y/N's third day in the house Enoch had persuaded her into entering the basement to the room where he kept all his dolls and countless jars of hearts varying in different sizes.

"What are you doing—"

"Shh," Enoch tells her, cutting open a slit on the clay doll's chest and carefully inserting a mouse' heart into the small hole. The figure slowly stands up to face the other one.

"That's amazing, Enoch." Y/N compliments, her eyes fixated on the moving figures. Enoch wanted to smile, but decided against it.

"This isn't even the best part," He boasts, whispering something to the doll as they start to attack each other.

Enoch could pinpoint every single sparkle that gleamed in her eyes as she watched them with such interest. Her eyes were so beautiful it almost hurt.

One of them aggressively inserts a knife through the other's chest, making that dreadful noise that reminded Y/N of swords clashing against someone's chest, shooting right through their body. The thought frightened her. When the doll pulls the knife out, the other's heart was snug tight at the edge.

Y/N picks it up with her powers, hovering it above her palm and twirling it around slowly to examine the small thing. Enoch liked the sight of her looking at his work. For once, he saw someone interested in what he did, and not someone who was scared.

"Take the life of one, give it to another." Y/N says, observant of what he did.

"It's what I do." Enoch smiles fully as she does too, guiding the heart back to its jar besides the lamp.

They make eye contact for a moment and instead of seeing hatred in Enoch's eyes, Y/N saw someone who was caring and sweet, just like how she thought he'd be.

"I, I've got to go before Emma comes for me," She giggles, executing a wave before exiting the door. "Bye," Enoch replies, more to himself than anyone else, but even so, Y/N still heard him.

After Y/N exits, Hugh, Horace and Millard enters. Enoch's smile was immediately replaced with a frown. He liked to be secluded from the others, only bringing people in his room when he wanted to.

"Looks like someone fancies Y/N." Horace teases, a small smirk playing on his lips.

"Sure does. I can feel it. My bees can feel it." Hugh adds, a bee flying right in front of Enoch's face, who tried to keep himself from bursting out the door. Somehow, Y/N made him feel calmer.

"I don't fancy her," Enoch denies nervously, placing the jars back into their right places on the shelves.

"Yeah, you do fancy her, stop denying it." Millard adds.

"I can conclude that Enoch only brings people he fancies into this room." Horace states, the smirk on his face not leaving.

"No I don't—"

"Suppertime!" Emma bursts into the room, eyeing the four boys arguing.

Enoch stand up and heads out the door as fast as he could.

And ever since that day, things went a little different for him. He was always looking for ways that he could talk to Y/N, and be near as possible. If it isn't obvious, he'd grown a strong affection for her. But unfortunately for him, Y/N didn't feel the same. At least he didn't know that, or else he would've thrown someone out the window by now.

It was Y/N's sixth day at the house and she had to admit, she had never felt so at home before.

It was shortly after lunch when a boy her age appeared through the loop. Y/N was there near the beach, walking along the shore with her wings out when she saw him. He was peculiar, it was obvious since he was able to enter. A wight perhaps? She asked herself.

Y/N crept up behind a rock that was near him and prepared to attack him.

She jumped in front of him, hovering above the ground slightly and lifting the boy, holding a bunch of rocks with her other hand. He was shocked and obviously scared. She wasn't here when he last visited the peculiars and Miss Peregrine. But even so, he thought the girl was beautiful—the way her wings fluttered softly and the way she kept a stern, and brave look as she confronted him.

"Name." Y/N demands, holding him up higher with her power.

"J-Jacob," He says, struggling to get a word out as Y/N was gripping him from his neck.

"Jacob Portman?" Y/N asks, lowering the boy down as she realizes that he was the one Emma talked about. She felt ashamed, her irises turning gray to represent that emotion.

"Yeah," He says, holding his neck awkwardly.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I just—I thought you were a wight, I'm new and I—"

"Hey, it's okay. What's your name?" He asks, stepping forward so they could hear each other better.

"Y/N. Telekinetic." She smiles, her eyes crinkling in the cutest way possible.

"You have wings? And your eyes," He observes, pointing awkwardly at the magical thing attached to her back before making eye contact.

Y/N realizes her wings had been out the whole time. She quickly keeps them and shrugs. "You-you can't tell anyone about my wings," And that stern look was back on her face. "My eyes, um. They just change color according to my mood," She explains.

"Oh," Jacob said, amazed by her abilities. "Anyway, you must be here to visit Miss Peregrine and the children." Y/N says, leading him to the way of the house.

"Yeah." Jacob follows behind her.

"Emma told me about you," She pauses, "It seems like she really likes you."

Jacob wanted to say that he liked Emma too, but he didn't want to lie.

~

sorry ik this is a jacob x reader but enoch's affection for you will affect the story. and i also think that it's a great addition to the story bc im a sucker for drama haha

~ anastasia 💟