•blurb #3: prom•

Prom night was in a little over a week, and although the students were advised to ask someone in the school for their prom date, Jacob didn't want to.

He wanted to take Y/N with him—and no one else.

So he went against the rules.

That afternoon, when Y/N and him was out for a walk at the park, he finally gathered up enough courage to ask her.

"Y/N, can we sit down?" He asks her, gesturing to the bench underneath a tree.

"Uh, sure." Y/N shrugs. He was being a little weird.

"S-so um," Jacob stutters nervously. He wasn't the best when it came to socializing, especially when he knew he had to ask a question and he'd be rejected. But Y/N was his girlfriend, and he had no idea why he thought she'd say no.

Y/N looks at him, a little confused. "You okay? You got something in your mind?"

"I just wanted to ask you to prom, that's all..." He manages to say without stuttering, and puts on an awkward smile.

"....Prom?"

"Is that a no?"

"Um, I don't know what that is."

"Oh-It's an event where you take someone with you to be your date. Everyone wears all fancy dresses and they dance and someone gets to be picked as prom king and queen."

"If that's it, then I'm in!" She grinned widely.

"Really?"

"Yeahhh!" Y/N exclaimed as she hugged his still dumbfounded boyfriend.

The next day, Jacob's mother had found out that he finally gathered up the guts to ask Y/N and she was too overwhelmed to take her out for shopping for her prom dress.

Y/N, although very excited for the event, didn't really think it was necessary to go all out-extravagant dresses, shiny jewelry, and caking their faces with makeup-but this was important to Jacob so she had to go with it.

Jacob, who was hesitant, also went with his father to get him a suit.

On the night of prom, Y/N was a bit nervous. She hadn't gone to anything similar to it, so she didn't know what to expect. Jacob's mother had helped her get ready-putting on her makeup, (which wasn't heavy, and wasn't too light either) getting her hair curled/straightened and making sure she looked perfect in the dress.

(this dress is actually very pretty and i decided to get y'all a black one cause lol you can never go wrong with black

(this dress is actually very pretty and i decided to get y'all a black one cause lol you can never go wrong with black. and also credits to who took this photo ^)

Y/N pushed her feet into the matching black pumps/doll shoes and looked at Maryann with a smile on her face.

"Awww, you're so beautiful Y/N. Jacob's jaw is going to drop—and oh, give me a turn." She smiles, admiring her work.

Y/N turns gracefully, lifting a piece of her dress.

"Gorgeous, now, let's get you downstairs." Maryann says as she took your hand and led you to the stairs.

Jacob looks up from the bottom of the stairs. She looked absolutely amazing and he couldn't even put it to words.

Y/N could almost see the hearts formed in his eyes.

"Y/N," He calls, holding out his hand as she made her way down the stairs, tripping on the last step. Luckily, Jacob caught her hand.

She laughs silently. "Whoops,"

"You're such a dork." He whispers into your ear, laughing too.

"You're more of a dork." Y/N fires back quietly. "We should take a Polaroid picture, then we can send it to Miss Peregrine!" She suggested, starting to run up the stairs when Jacob stops her.

"No, Y/N I'll get it. You might trip again." He laughs as he ran upstairs then came back with the camera in his hand. "Mom, can you?" He asked, handing the camera to Maryann as she nodded.

After taking the Polaroid, Jacob set the photo aside with the camera. Maryann fishes her phone out and tells them to pose.

It took a while to take pictures and it was finally time to go. Franklin led them outside where his car was parked and they headed to school.

Jacob's classmates, who thought he wouldn't have a date, were shocked to see him with the most beautiful girl they'd ever seen.

Once they had entered the auditorium, which was lit up with disco balls and laser lights, everyone immediately spots them. The school principal welcomed everyone to the event and revealed that the prom king and queen would be revealed later after the dance.

Everyone was enjoying themselves.

"Hey, Jake!" A friend of Jacob calls, running up to him with a glass of punch. "Who's this?"

Jacob started to get a little defensive. No one had asked about Y/N so far and her sudden appearance, but that was only because she never actually showed herself to anyone except his parents.

"This is Y/N, my girlfriend." Jacob smiles proudly.

"Hi." Y/N greeted shyly, holding her hand out for him to shake. He gladly accepted it.

"I'm Kev, a friend of Jake's." He smiled.

"Ooooh, who's this pretty ladyyy?" Another guy asks, he sounded drunk as hell. Y/N hid behind Jacob as he looked at her, laughing. "It's okay, he's a friend of mine."

"I'm Dale," The guy winks as Jacob flinches.

"Uh, Y/N."

"Y/N, can we dance?" Jacob asks her, his cheeks red, even under the dim lights.

Y/N nods shyly as he led her to the dance floor, as everyone kept their eyes on them.

They started dancing, as she locked eyes on the boy in front of her, then keeping her head down.

Jacob lifts her chin and kisses her.

"Don't be shy, babe."

Y/N knew, that in that moment, she wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

~

is anyone else a hamilton fannn? cause the musical is lit af

this blurb is also very cringy i think i forgot how to write lol help

maybe you guys could request ideas? 😘

anyways, thanks for reading lil potatoes

~ anastasia 💟