25. Conflicting Deception

In my darkest days, I see you as my sun.... MAA

***

"I have seen people starting the fire with water, turning every breeze into a storm, create chaos out of peace. Few people are meant to destroy everything and themselves no matter what, and if you hold on to them long they will take you into their abyss and tear you into pieces."

― Akshay Vasu

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[And He Found Her]

Gideon's POV

I took a moment to access her profile which lost her previous signs of tired and pale body and now glowing with a new adrenaline rushing through her veins and a bright glow on her cheek and neck.

Sparkling in life.....

I like this Miracle. I could only nod at his words.

"I brought you back in safety." I stated nonchalantly.

"Like this?" she shrieks incredulously while waving at her hands in air.

"I gave you time and options Miss. William but you chose to stand with your stubborn self."

She took a sharp intake of breath while clenching her fists in ball.

Seems like someone is angry.

Royce chuckled.

"You—you—you are impossible." She huffed, apparently lost with words.

And you're precious.

"Mr. Valentine this wasn't a manner to behave with a girl. It was quite unsophisticated and unprofessional." She tried to retain her professional frame but her balled fists said another story.

"Trampling over the very stringent law, not once but twice. Stacking your safety for a good for nothing reason. Wandering over the wild woods and behaving like a spoiled stubborn child. Is this what includes in your books? Then I'm afraid Miss. William, seems like you have to learn the laws of sophistication and sanity again." I gritted through my teeth, my anger on her came back with force.

She visibly blanched at my words, tugging hair from the cheek to the back of her ear, she stole eye contact.

"But this doesn't justify your inhuman behavior." She whispered softly, her eyes casted sideways.

Royce groans at her eccentricity.

"I don't have to justify my steps Miss. William."

She stood still, blank.

"Lock the door." I gritted, turning toward the door.

"Mr. Valentine!"

"Now what Miss. William?"

"Please inform them you're safe. They're worried for you." She muttered softly.

I spurn to face her, her eyes soft, pleading at me.

"It isn't necessary." I stated icily.

"A call won't harm." She eyed her phone which was on the bed.

"They'll meet me in morning. Why such formality?" her serene behavior is getting to my nerves.

"It'll provide them a peaceful sleep." She stares intently in my eyes, her words were precise yet her eyes spoke volume.