83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia

Happy Forever Friday!

So soon it is.

It was a tie until now, between long and quick.

Many of you gave me priority, your words have warmed my heart, thank you for understanding guys, I love you all!

It really means a lot to me.

Thanks a lot for all who participated and cast your vote, you all made me excited.

It's a 'feb' treat for you all!

For who voted for long: Please don't be disappointed. I'll be getting us that too.

Belated happy birthday northknight dear, a small, late present from my side.

***

"Not knowing when the dawn will come I open every door."

— Emily Dickinson

***

NIERA'S POV

Was it the charm of night,

Or darkness was so endearing,

I sat on a cliff, counting on twinkling light,

The dew irked me when sun peeped from horizon,

Light after the long dark seems unfair to sight,

Is it really necessary for time to pass,

Can't it just stay for a little while!

The law of nature is strict, there are certain rules: like day and night, the always passing time, the growing tress on soil, the life cycle of living organisms, ageing, birth, dead.

There are certain rules: rules which are stringent, rules which above us, rules which none can breach, rules which were before us and will stay to a longer period, perhaps a very longer period.

I wonder if a few miracles are allowed to intervene and interrupt the process?

Staring blankly the dim lit candles on the ceiling above us, I can't help but wonder aimlessly, can nature be flexible for certain creatures, can it breach its own laws which are enforced since an infinite time. Or, has it been considerate and humble for certain creatures to break old custom and create new rules for survival?

Can the need and will for survival, bring the evolution which nature forbids.

"Are you sure, you aren't hurt?" I flinch, startled at sudden breach in my silence.

I turn to the Good Doctor beside me, who seems fighting his own fatigue, exertion for energy and power drainage, the Royal Princess causing in her temper.

I afford a small tight smile to appear on my lips as I shake my head.

"No, I'm absolutely alright," my eyes sweep across the empty surrounding, the open porch like structure welcoming the air from all sides, leaving no place to crawl and hide against cold.