40. Instinctive Step

Happy Forever Friday!!

Happy Monsoon!

For an Amazing reader who has being an amazing support. happyfa

Thanks a lot dear! Lots of love!

***

The First step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are Not going to stay where you are.

— Unknown

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[Conceptual Claws]

Niera's POV

Shrugging away, I went through them but a distinct mail caught my eye and I groan in annoyance and vexation.

Cryptic friend!

Psycho mailer again.

My glare literally slit the screen looking at the mail from this particular contact.

You mean figuratively...

I shut the screen before holding my face in my palms.

The mail robbed my joy of comfort, reading it would do nothing but spoil my mood and that was the last thing I want in these early hours of morning.

Well what time it is? My sanity asked and I shrugged inwardly.

I activated the screen of my device and curiosity met with suggestive figures flashing on the screen.

8:07AM!

Just great!

Deciding not to dwell further, I called Kavya, completely aware of the fact that, either she must be on her duty or sleeping.

Griping the device on my ear, I prayed for her being on duty. Otherwise she'll drill my head with her scolding.

The call connected and after three long rings, I heard her greetings which weren't pleasant at all.

"Finally the Queen graced us with her precious time." I cringed at her tone but kept the device in tact on ears.

Rising from the comfortable sofa, I decide to pace around, to relax my stiff muscles.

By pacing around?

Yes!

"It's nice to hear from you too Kavya." I greeted back; pacing toward the hall.

"Where were you last night? Breaking another law?" she threw another question.

My lips quirked up at her choice of words, it instantly lifted my mood.

"How do you know?" I shot back; smiling.

"What! Really?" her voice held urgency.

Seems like she was astonished with my response.

Well who won't be?

I nodded before grimacing at my stupidity; she can't see me but words weren't needed between us.

"I simply can't understand Niera, you weren't like this. I mean the whole school, our college even the city has known you for years. You weren't like this. Never. Not once I saw you breaking any law, even those trivial acts like bunking the call or cheat in exam. You were always the following the rule good girl then how this sudden change. I still can't digest your changed into this Rebellious avatar from the Rule Queen." She gushed before chuckling and I shook my head hearing her.