59. Hide and Steal

Happy Forever Sunday!

I know it's been long since the update. But I can say only one thing that being in a hectic schedule and busy life it's pretty difficult. I'm trying my best to make it sooner but my work and responsibilities aren't allowing me.

Thank you!

***

"It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone."

— Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

***

In the last chapter of Someone's Forever

[A Celebration so Special]

Niera's POV

"What? When? How? Why?" this was Mr. Banerjee whose turned to shriek.

Dear god! Why these shrieking people are in my coven?

"I volunteered after Jerry met with an accident." I answered but cast a stern eye at Miss. Mahriy—ah who was eager to spill the detailed truth.

"Tiara!" Jerry's angry spurting voice gained our attention. Without any delay, I diverted my attention toward the source of sound, Miss. Mahriya—h and Mr. Banerjee followed the suit.

The scene enfolded in front of me was something alien as well as distressing.

My dear friend, whom I have seen as the most patient man on earth was holding anger in his tone and stiff rigidness in his face while my Tiger who is always been the innocent wildness of life is holding guilt and fear in her eyes.

With eyes cast downwards, she was squirming in her posture; a different emotion of fear is lurking in her which was successful to twist my insides.

"Didn't I tell you to behave?" Jerry's voice boomed; shaking me out of my lost thoughts.

The child in front of us shivered almost palpitating but stood quiet hearing her father's scolding.

Jerry's harsh words gained everyone's attention who were present the hall as absolute silence filled in the air. Although they were in the other corner of the hall but his loud words were distinctly clear to us.

"Why you have to be so difficult? Do you know what Niera had to face because of your childish etiquettes?" he continued while the child sank in her our shame.

I mentally face palmed before my anger flared.

Mr. Theodore made his way toward them to interrupt but I step ahead taking the matter in hand.

"I'll go." I muttered to his tall broad figure before stepping ahead.

"Why Tiara—"

He was about to start again but my intervention halted his scolding in mid.

"Jerry!" my words brought their attention as Jerry averted his scalding head in my direction.

"What are you doing?" I seethed with tight lips.

"Tiger has no fault into this. The breakage of pipe was an accident. How come she and her behavior came into this?"

Jerry got no response for my anger as he stood sealing his lips through an invisible thread and keeping a rigid yet submitting face.