81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes

Happy Forever Wednesday!

***

I was afraid of the light, hiding in dark, hidden in layers of murk; I thought I was safe,

Light laughed at my naivety, myths melted when sun rose, I realize light will come, whether I like or not!

— Neelam Menghani

***

NIERA'S POV

After every dark night light arrives,

After every struggle, success or learning comes.

The wounds have pain but healing, either one like or not,

Life keeps going whether you like or not!

The day seems brighter with cloudy sky, I slid off the car seat and instantly the cool wind attacks me into tickling. I smile brightly at the wide scenery in front, people being busy in their routine work, I see grocery stores lined up for public utility, few small other shops, laughing aged people grouped talking and laughing at their silly jokes, crowd of ladies, apparently ready to rush to the discount hours at super market, some actually have their shirt sleeves rolled up to elbows, I find myself imagining the scenario and a loud bark rings around surrounding.

"What happened, Sweetie?" Instantly I shove my hand on mouth to stop the embarrassing session at Mrs. Mahriya—h's call, shaking my head vigorously at her inquiring eyes.

My eyes snap at the passing bus, rush pass us at speed. The concrete route seems wide and spacious, it makes me feels comfortable. My eyes turn back to Mrs. Mahri—yah as she closes her door and walk my way.

She gave me suspicious looks before ushering me to the direction she desires. From the whole scene the place exhibits, we are in less technical modern range of Kingdom, the land where I have been is far more luxurious, from A V Inc.'s gargantuan exquisite sky ruling monument to the vast land conquering WerePire premises, even the old Motel and Jerry's home, I have witnessed the exquisite untarnished view of this Kingdom, finally I'm able to find how the life of residents here. And from looking at the beautiful ordinary look, I find peace, they seem in peace, happy and indulge into their life and problems, they seem far away from the crises world face, their King faces on everyday basis. Their life, every day seems ordinary, and this seems peaceful to witness.

Your efforts to burn yourself for your people aren't waste Gideon, I just hope they appreciate their King and be thankful for the normal life you provided them.

"Nothing, it feels good to see normal life, after a long time I'm seeing all this." I answered her as we cross the stone pathway.

"Oh really? How is life at your place?" Mrs. Mahriy—ah continued in sheer curiosity. I took my time to notice where we are heading, the board on side reads as 'Our Diner'. The exteriors seem plain and simple yet alluring and promising comfort.

"Just like this. Normal family, father to work, mother taking care of us, brother teasing and protecting me. Each day passes as we struggle the day and finally rest at night, smiling laughing reciting the whole day events while dinner." I shrug, she smile down at me as we enter through the door.