5. Going into rehabilitation

Silver smiled to herself as she woke from her restful sleep. The bed was so comfy and her thoughts changed to her circumstances; she could not believe her life had so dramatically changed in the last few weeks beyond recognition. She knew today was make or break when she visited the world famous Forstrom Institute but she was determined to make it happen.

She eyed the wheelchair next to her bed suspiciously, she knew it had taken every ounce of strength and breath to get in it the first time but there was no way she would let these boys, or specifically Louis, see how much it had challenged her the night before.

She smiled as she thought back to the tour of the apartment that Louis had given her, he was so excited about showing her every detail of the place even if that had meant picking her up to carry her upstairs to see the boys room. This was something she could have lived without; she already had a mental image of the mess and chaos that was evident in each of their rooms.

Silver slowly tackled the wheelchair again and was pleased that it was slightly easier this time to get into her chair. She had to take a couple of minutes to catch her breath but she had managed it. She slowly manoeuvred herself over to the walk in wardrobe and inspected the contents. The boys had insisted on helping her unpack her clothes but in their enthusiasm she had no idea where anything was.

She opened up the top drawer in the set and began to blush uncontrollably. All her underwear had been placed in matching sets and was extremely embarrassed to think about one of the boys doing this. After gaining her composure she pulled out a white set and looked around for an outfit. Silver was not really into fashion and went for comfort over everything else; she spied some stretchy cropped leggings and began to look for a top.

After selecting a cropped t-shirt and blue hoodie she rolled the chair out of the wardrobe. She placed her outfit on the bed and worked her way over to the bathroom. It wasn't going to be easy but she really wanted to freshen up with a shower so she was determined to give it a go. The shower had been converted so there was enough room to get her wheelchair right into the cubicle and there was a large plastic seat for her to get onto.

With an extreme amount of effort Silver had finally managed to get onto the seat and turn on the shower. The water felt really good on her skin and she enjoyed using all the expensive products that had been placed around the shower for her use. She knew from reading magazines that none of them were cheap and her skin and hair felt wonderful when she had finished.

After finishing her shower she carefully tried to get back into her chair but the wetness of her skin made this really difficult and with one wrong move the chair went rolling out of the shower and completely out of her reach. In Silvers rush to grasp the runaway vehicle she had fallen into the base of the shower and was now stuck with no way of getting up. She tried to pull her body towards the shower exit but had no energy left to manage it. It was at this point she heard a knock on her bedroom door.

"Silver, can I come in" a voice echoed that she immediately recognised as Nialls. Silver froze in the awkward position she was lying in, there was no way she wanted him to come in and find her naked on the floor. She was sincerely mortified about the thought. For god's sake she had never kissed a boy let alone have one see her naked. She quickly assessed the situation and decided if she didn't want to spend the rest of her life on the shower floor she was going to need help.

"Come in" she shouted so Niall could hear her through both the bedroom and bathroom doors. "Silver where are you" he called after clearly realising she was not in the bedroom. "I'm in the bathroom" she responded. "Oh Ok" he called out. "Niall, I need your help" she quickly gasped. Niall suddenly became concerned and rushed to the bathroom door he was just about to open the door when Silver shouted "No please don't come in". This made him stop instantly and look at the door "What's the matter".