The Morning After

Silver was surprised about the good night's sleep she had managed to get in, she had laid in bed thinking about the previous day's events but it had not taken long for sleep to envelope her and pleasant dreams to occur. She had dreamed of Louis and his touch and this frightened her a little. She couldn't make sense of what she was feeling inside but it was messing with her head.

She had the most wonderful day yesterday with Louis, even thinking about him brought a smile to her face. She was disturbed from her thoughts by a very loud commotion going on outside her door. She tentatively took her first steps of the morning towards her bedroom door and stepped out into the living room. She laughed out loud with the sight that met her.

In the middle of the kitchen was Louis and Zayn both of them covered in what looked like scrambled egg. At that moment in time Louis was rubbing a big handful of the substance through Zayn's hair as Louis had him in a headlock. Zayn was screaming at Louis to stop and he was sorry for flipping egg at him. Silver slowly approached the kitchen but was careful to stand well enough back so she was not in the line of fire.

She carried on standing there for a while watching the antics carry on until eventually Zayn spotted her giggling and gave her an awkward wave and "Morning Silver" from the tight hold Louis had on him. "Morning" she replied smiling down at him. Louis looked up at Silver and smiled his greetings without letting go of Zayn who was now struggling to get out of his grasp. "Zayn and I made you breakfast" he offered.

Silver surveyed the mess in the kitchen before her "I'm not sure anything her is entirely edible" she commented. It was at this point that Louis finally let go of Zayn and surveyed the destruction that had been caused. Zayn laughed out loud and commented "Yeah, I wouldn't want to eat any of that either, I'm going to get cleaned up" as he walked out of the kitchen in search of a hot shower.

Louis stood starring at Silver and smiled "Maybe I can buy you breakfast on the way to the clinic" he suggested. Silver considered his offer and looked at him. "I really don't want you to come with me" she whispered. Louis moved closer to Silver before he responded, in fact he was entirely too close for comfort. He was stood over her and although he was only a couple of inches taller than her it felt more like an entire foot.

"Why" he asked looking down at her. Silver slowly started to bring her head up and brought her eyes towards his, it felt like an eternity before she replied "I don't want you to see my legs".

Louis stood there considering what she had just said. Louis contemplated her answer before moving in closer towards her, he moved his left arm to rest gently on her waist and pull her towards him. This made Silver feel uncomfortable but she resisted the urge to look away from him. How could her emotions be in such turmoil? Last night she had allowed him to put his hands all over her body but this morning it was something she was not completely happy with; was this because she liked the way it felt too much?

"Silver, I really want to be there for you. I'm not concerned that seeing your injuries will suddenly not want me to be with you. In fact I am pretty sure that being there for you and offering a supportive hand will make our relationship even stronger. I understand you are concerned but I know I really want to do this. I'm not going to pressure you but I would really like to come with you if you would allow me."

Silver melted in his arms at those words. She would never have considered that this man would want to share in her experience. She knew the boys felt guilty about her condition but they had already done so much for her. She did not want to put any extra pressure on them; their life was so hectic enough without her being the extra burden. "OK, you can come, but if at any point you want to leave that is fine with me" she finally responded.

"Deal" he replied before placing a gentle kiss on her lips. He removed his hand and walked away without a backwards glance leaving Silver stood in a very messy kitchen totally alone.

Louis walked up the stairs without glancing back at her. He so desperately wanted to see her reaction but knew he must not. Whether she knew it or not she had just agreed to let him go to the clinic with her and he was not going to jeopardise that. He entered his bedroom to find Niall, Liam and Harry sat on his bed. He gave them a cheeky wink before walking towards his closet and surveying the appropriate outfit for the day ahead of him.

It was Harry who spoke first "Louis, did she say yes"? He enquired. "With a little bit of Tomlinson persuasion" he replied. "So she didn't want you to go" Liam stated. "Not really but I know she will appreciate it in the end" he confirmed. "Look Lou, it's not that we don't trust you but maybe you are pushing her a little too much?" Harry suggested. Louis stopped browsing his clothes and contemplated what Harry had just mentioned. "Do you think I am?" Louis enquired. It was Niall who finally responded.

"Louis, she is just getting over major surgery and a life changing incident, maybe pushing her into a relationship with you is a bit fast. Come on we all know she is inexperienced in the love department. Maybe she just needs a friend right now?" Louis considered what he had just heard and responded with his heart. "I'm in love with her guys; I have been since the first day in the hospital when I pushed her around the wards. I know she is delicate right now but I want her to understand that I am the one for her, no matter how inexperienced she is; and I am prepared to wait for a very long time for her to be ready."

The three lads looked at Louis as he responded, it wasn't often he was serious but when he was everyone knew it. This was one of those times; they looked at him with the complete admiration he deserved. Not only did he know what he wanted but he was determined to get it. Louis had convinced the three of them that having Silver in his life was the most sort after thing on the planet and if there was anything they could do to help, they would.

...........................................................................................................................................................................

Louis helped Silver out of the car at the clinic, the drive there had been silent but Louis was happy to leave her to her thoughts. They entered the building together and were greeted by both Clara and Judy, both of them gave Silver the glance that told her they had clocked who was with her and they both approved immensely. Before Louis could respond to the looks the nurses had given Silver he was told to wait in the seating area.

He sat and waited for at least twenty minutes before Clara appeared at the door. She beckoned him forwards towards the door. "Silver has asked for you to come in but she wants you to know you can leave at anytime". Clara continued "But if you look as if you're even contemplating leaving at anytime both Judy and I will kick your ass" she finished with a sweet smile on her face.

Louis laughed at Clara's instructions but smiled down at her "Don't worry babe, I'm in for the long haul" he supplied.

Clara gave him the once over but was convinced by his honest response "That's good to know" she finished before moving away from the door before allowing Louis entry to the room.

Louis was totally surprised by the sight before him. Silver was laid on a bed in a short hospital nightgown. Her legs were totally visible on the bed and Louis could not help but stare. He approached the bed and looked at her legs. After a while he finally turned towards her "I'm so sorry for everything you have been through".

Silver looked at the mess her legs were in, clearly evident were the scars from her accident and surgery. They were not beautiful like a models but a tangled mess of scars, bruises and disfigured tissue. "Can you see now, this is why I didn't want you to come with me Louis".

Silver practically shouted it at him causing him to step back and look at her. It took a moment for him to compose himself but it wasn't because of her legs. It was because of her reaction, he hadn't spent that much time with her but she had never become cross or raised her voice, not even when she had found out she may never walk again.

He looked at her with longing eyes and totally ignored the fact she was in a real pissy mood with him. "Silver, I am so glad you let me come here today with you. I needed to know what was happening with your treatment, and now I know I can help you even more. What you don't understand is that I am not that easily scared off, we are still the cutest couple in England and what I have experienced today makes me love you even more. So what is next" he enquired.

Silver was completely taken back by Louis's response. No matter what she thought this guy was going nowhere. Her heart had melted.........................................but what was still evident to her. Louis was going nowhere.