Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

Abel POV

I walked upstairs to ask where we could put our stuff an where we sleep so that I can change and rest for a bit, but no! Karma decided to give me a slap by making me walk on my brother and Sophia making out on the mattress!

I run to hide beside a door in the hallway, I hide my face in my hands

-"EUGH! God why!" My heart is beating so heard and I can feel the blood rushing to my face.

I know that Theo was never into girls, there was a time where Alexander an I thought he was gay, Alexander who was younger than Theo by two years got married before him, all the family was surprised, but seeing him caring for Sophia...I should admit that I got a little bit jealous, he was always caring for me, and then Thea, but Thea our baby girl, so I never got jealous of her.

And hearing him defend her in the car...wow, I was speechless!

And to think that things are getting serious between the two? God help me I'm lost!

I was about to leave discreetly when I heard him moan...I run downstairs and almost missed a stair, but God! I stumbled and got face first into the wooden floor.

-"Abel? Are you okay?" A cute little voice asked beside me

-"Yeah! Uncle Abel is fine baby girl" I answered while standing up, and heard her giggle

-"But your face is red?" She stated while the husky standing beside her looked at me weirdly, I could have swear that the doggy was mocking me and looking down on me.

-"EUGH! F*** OFF DOG" I screamed at him, the best part? He turned away and walked as if to prove a point, he is looking down on meee!

I turned to walk to the couch but was surprised with Thea's look

-"What's wrong Thea?"

-"Uncle Abel swears, Uncle Abel bad boy!" She whispered and we heard a bark from the other side as if to approve.

-"Thea, you played enough, we are heading home now, Sophia isn't feeling well so we shouldn't disturb"

I leaned to grab our backpacks when I heard a rushed footsteps, Theo was running downstairs

-"What's the rush big boy?"

-"Sophia got drugged that's why she was acting weird, take some water upstairs and try to make her drink it, I have to go back to the city and bring some stuff" Theo rushed out of the door.

Well, that's why she was acting weird, but where did she got the drugs?

I searched for kitchen, took some water bottles and run upstairs.

Sophia wasn't doing well, she was sweating a lot, and she was looking ill.

I tried to help her sit to drink some water, but she was in another world of nightmares

-"No...-n't touch me...no"

-"Sophia it's me Abel, please drink some water!"

-"NOO" she started screaming and struggling, she threw the bottle away, I tried to stop her struggling, but she fell numb in my arms, a fever! Her body was trembling.

I looked at the clock, it was 3 pm, I took my phone and called Theo

-"Abel! I'm still heading to the city I sh-"

-"No, Theo come back quickly, hurry, Sophia is getting worse!"

-"In my way!"

Ten minutes later I heard the car's sharp brakes, I took Sophia in my arms and rushed downstairs, Theo met me by the door, I never saw him so sad.

-"Thanks Abel, I owe you this"

-"Just go! I will call the hospital to make themselves ready"

-"I already called, thank brother"

He put Sophia in the backseat softly, then rushed to his side and went in, I haven't remarked Frost until the car got away, he was acting sagely, liked a parent watching over their kid, and then, he looked at me, and walked inside the house past me like an arrogant bitch!

Theo POV

Sophia was breathing hardly, her fever high, I drove as fast as I could, I hope no cop noticed me.

When I spotted the hospital, I stepped more on the gas, and started honking, parking by the entry i got some furious looks, but I don't care anymore, I got out and rushed to take Sophia out of the car and inside the hospital, Tyler was there

-"Theo! What happened?"

-"Tyler please! Just hurry up, I told you she has been drugged and now she got a fever"

-"Okay, put her on this bed, we will take her to a descent room"

Just as I put her down, she got carried away by a bunch of nurses to take care of her

-"Sit down Theo, you need some rest, they will take good care of her"

You see? Tyler was a high school friend, while I majored in business management, he studied medicine, no he is the best chirurgien in town, we are still friends

-"Thank you Tyler"

-"Stop thanking me man, aren't we friends? By the way, she is going to be okay, you can take her back by 9 pm"

-"I hope so"

-"Theo? There is something different about you!"

-"What?"

-"I don't know, as if you you are...no, don't mind me man, I have to go now, see you"

-"Yeah! Sure!"

I waved him goodbye and waited on my cold chair, watching all the people entering and exiting, some of them happy, some sad, and others miserable.

After a few hours, a nurse came to me

-"Are you with miss Sophia?"

-"Yeah! Is she okay?"

-"You can stay with her until she get discharged, sadly she is not awake yet"

-"Thank you miss" I smiled weakly

I walked to the room were Sophia was kept, but I felt something warm inside me, a little bit of happiness to see she was still alive.

I walked to her bed and took her hand in mine, she was so fragile and cold, like if it was made of glass, I took a deep breath and leaned down, kissed her forehead and whispered

-"I'm glade you could make it princess"

I was waiting to hear her bitching about the nickname, but then thought 'not for today big guy'

I can wait, just, don't take your time princess...