Chapter Seventeen

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

I don't know what happened, everything happened so quickly and in rush, Theo went running to the car, the next thing I hear is his screams, rushing to him, I saw him cradling a bloody body, his screams were piercing holes into my soul.

The police were running everywhere, their dogs couldn't find any proof.

Everything was a mess.

Returning to the car, I found her calm, her head resting on the steering wheel.

-"Is she dead?" She whispered

-"I'm sorry"

-"sorry for what?" She lifted her head and met my eyes.

-"Is she your friend?"

-"It's complicated to explain"

I went to her side and opened one of the cuffs, released them from the steering wheel, and closing them around her hands again.

-"Move to the passenger seat"

-"Sorry big guy, but I can't feel my body right know"

She is having a break down.

-"Was she that important to you?"

-"She is a piece of my soul" she answered with a serious look.

-"Okay, wait here"

I run to Theo, the dude lost it!

He refused to let go of the body, even when he seemed calm now.

-"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?"

I turned behind me to look at a shocked Tyler, if I remember his name, he was panicking looking at his friend on the ground cradling a lifeless body.

-"Please, be quiet, everything is a mess!"

-"Is she..."

He couldn't finish his question, he looked pale and sick.

-"He refused to let go of her" I answered.

I observed as he walked to me with steady serious steps, then, the next thing I know is that I received a hard slap! I looked at him shocked.

-"ARE YOU FULLY AWAKE NOW! FUCK YOU ALL, HURRY AND TAKE THEM INSIDE THE CAR BECAUSE WE NEED TO HEAD TO THE HOSPITAL! AND YOU OTHERS ASSHOLES, GO FUCKING FIND THE CULPRITS!"

At his outburst, everyone started moving and running around.

Tyler hurried to his friend, it seemed like he lost consciousness.

He looked at me, and I rushed to his side.

-"Take the girl, it seems that she is not dead yet, but she could be if we won't hurry!"

I lifted her, and he lifted his friend, we rushed to the car, the police were doing their best, half of them went to the forest at the other side of the lake.

Putting them at backseats, I rushed to the front seat, she was still there, I lifted her and went to put her on the passenger seat, she was like a lifeless doll in my arms.

-"She is still alive" I whispered to her

She snapped her head to look up at me like I was God himself giving her hope.

She put her head in the crook between my head and my shoulder and I felt her tears wetting my neck.

I put her in the passenger seat, and went to my seat and started the car.