Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN

Two weeks, that's how much time passed since I last left my house, I was having some time to myself, and also, I was focusing on my work, Theo sent me a few pictures of his office and the shades of colors that he was going to use on the walls, and also the size of the Paintings he wanted, we agreed about a lot of things, as for the colors and design, and I already chosen the theme.

I stared into the freshly half painted tableau in front of me, the sent of the colors was refreshing, I love working when I'm inspired.

Frost was asleep by the chair's legs, on his special little mattress especially made for him, yeah, I personally made it, and actually, Frost loved his gift to the point of being attached to it.

I leaned to take my cup of limonade when suddenly, a flash of a picture of a margarita cup passed through my brain, well, since I couldn't remember what happened that day or night two weeks ago, I couldn't move forward or ignore it no matter what, and Theo avoided talking about it, Abel went back to University, he won't be back until spring break, so, I just drowned myself in work.

I looked again at the half finished work in front of me and sighed, God help me!

My parents decided to visit Italia again, they are acting like a newly married couple getting attached to each other and doing unfinished honeymoons!

I observed the sunset from my huge glass window, the sun was hiding between the trees and bushes, it was hypnotizing.

I felt the fire-like rayons of the dying sun, they were caressing my face and covering my body, warm and smooth, it made me feel like a Phoenix burning to ashes, suddenly, I felt like dying, but not to shut down and disappear, but to rise high and start again.

I know that something was wrong with me, my own parents are avoiding me, I can't socialize with people, and also, the only person I feel secure with is avoiding me, I'm claustrophobic and to top it all, I feel like a part of my life is missing.

I get up, caressed Frost, when he woke up, we walked out the studio, and headed to the kitchen to eat something, we observed the last sunshine retreating from the window like a fire being shut down.

Preparing a meal wasn't a hard task, so, after half an hour, me and frost were seated in front of the huge TV watching a marathon of Fast&Furious, with our meals in front of us and our snacks and desserts!

Just when the second movie started, my mobile vibrates beside me, I unlocked the screen to notice a text message, and it was from Theo

-Are you free the day after tomorrow?
I smiled at the question, so I replied:
-Why asking?

-I wanna invite you to a dinner!
I was surprised, there is a thing that I like about Theo, he never order me around. So I replied by:
-Oh!
The next message was quick:
-So?
I wanted to play a bit, so I replied with:
-I don't know, a personal or professional dinner?
It took him a few minutes to answer, as if he was afraid to say something that will make me refuse, and then, I received his message:
-Let's say...personal?
I waited a bit then typed:
-Okay
He quickly replied with a:
-I'll be there at six pm
I smiled at the phone
-ok

-Goodnight Sophia

-Goodnight Theo

I don't know why, but being in contact with Theo sends warmth inside my heart, something I never felt before.

I fell asleep in front of the TV, Frost was curled beside me.

After having breakfast, I went to our daily run with Frost, but oddly, it felt off, as if something bad was going to happen, the forest was sending negative vibes, so I finished the run quickly.