Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

I think that our date that evening was the first and the last one, heck! I even believe that it was the calm before the storm.

As promised, Sophia delivered the work, until now, I didn't get to unwrap it, and I couldn't get in contact with her, it has been two weeks since then.

Our society was doing a gala, to help the cancer's suffering people, it has a purpose to gather as much money as possible from the most popular business people.

I send Sophia a message to ask if she can make it, it would be in two days, and still, I didn't get an answer.

The gala is going to be held in the popular Hotel of the city, so they are still preparing.

Entering my house, I nearly got a heart attack!

-"Surprise! Surprise! The all mighty prince is here, get on your knees and greet your God"

-"Hardy Har-Har!" I replied with a smirk

-"At least act as if you missed me! You are such a di**"

-"But I did missed you, come here, IN MY ARMS BABY BROTHER"

-"GO AWAY FROM ME!" And he started running away from me

-"Come on Abel! Give big brother a hug"

-"Ew! Hell no!"

I took a seat on the couch in front of his standing form beside the huge TV

-"And to say you are the same kid that used to give me kisses lips to lips and said he loves me! Shame on y-"

-"SHUT UP! I was three years old!"

-"No honey! I remember when I used to take you to primary school, you were seven years old, all cute and tiny, you didn't stop until I travelled for three years, when I returned, you changed! But puberty did you a 180 degrees change, and here you are! All grown up, I'm proud of you!"

-"Shut up!" He whined

I went to him and gave him a manly hug

-"Welcome home Bro" I whispered

-"Thanks"

After dinner, Abel refused to go home, so I allowed him to stay and lent him the guest room.

The next day, I worked from home, and passed the day with Abel, we even went for shopping for tomorrow's event, and we took Thea with us too, it was a perfect day.

By the gala's evening, I went with Abel before the start of everything, I checked everything, even the rooms were booked, and after checking, I was assured that everything was going to be fine.

By the time of start, people started to flood over the doors, the most important people of town were here, Suzanna arrived with Alexander and Thea, after them, our parents arrived, half the time passed, I was talking with mom when we heard a clatter, and a "Are you okay dear?" I wasn't interested at first but then, Suzanna looked at me, I turned at the scene and saw dad with Sophia.

-"Sorry sir, it's my fault"

-"Sophia!" Her name left my lips like a breath.

She turned to me, with a tired smile, her face was paler if we compare it to a living human's, and suddenly I remarked her trembling legs.

-"Are you okay?" I rushed to her side

-"Actually, I was trying to help her when she slapped my hands away, that's why my cup shuttered in the floor" dad replied