Chapter Twelve

xxx this is a really short one, but I just liked the way it ended so I will leave it at that. Enjoy xxx

"Okay." I could tell that he wasn't thinking about what had happened anymore and he opened the box. I was surprised with what he had done. There were fancy sandwiches, all different types, and grape sodas. Even though it wasn't that fancy, I couldn't believe that Leo had done this.

"Wow, this is... amazing." I said.

"Aw, it's nothing. I just thought I would do something special for you. Even though your aunt and my mom set us up, I feel like we would find each other even if we weren't set up."

"Yeah, I guess so." I was starting to open up to him and feel that last night had been one little mess up.

After dinner, we were searching for movies to watch.

"Any ideas?" he said after what felt like hours of searching.

"Well... I do have one... but I'm sure you would hate it."

"What is it?"

"The Titanic." I blushed and he laughed as if expecting this.

"Ugh, I knew that it was going to be one of those movies that girls like.... Fine." he laughed again and I quit giving him the puppy eyes.

During the movie, he put his arm around my shoulder, and for a little bit, I felt safe in his arms. Like there would always be someone to protect me. I knew I couldn't be dealing with boys now. Especially with what's going on. Definitely not 2 boys. Grady, or Leo? They both had kind personalities, even though I hated Leo at first.

I knew I couldn't do this. Not to Leo. Or Grady. It would be best if they both stayed out of my life, I couldn't get close to him. Because whoever I got close to, always ended up getting hurt.

I glanced at Leo's arm around me. It pained me to do it. He looked so content. And he was actually watching the movie! I gently pushed Leo's arm off from around me and got up.

He looked up at me with confusion.

"You okay?" He raised an eyebrow and rubbed his arm like it hurt.

"Yes-- no... no, I'm not," I looked at the ground, not making eye contact.

"I need you to leave," I finally looked at him and he looked hurt. I knew this was a setup date, but it was going well. And just like every other thing in my life, I ruined it.

"Why?" He stood up so he could look me in the eyes. He was at least a head taller than me so I had to look up.

"My life is messed up right now... I wouldn't want you getting caught in it," I shook my head, again not meeting his eyes.

"It can't be that bad. What could be so bad that I couldn't deal with but you can," He laughed. It sounded tight and fake. I wanted to scream. Of course, he didn't understand! Nobody did.

"It's pretty bad," Then it was my turn to laugh. A short, bitter laugh. "You wouldn't understand. I just need you to leave," I opened the door and waited. For a while, he just looked at me until he realized I was serious. He looked so sad. I always hated my dad, but I never realized that maybe, I was just like him.

***the next chapter might take a day because there will be so much going on in the story. Make sure to comment suggestions and hit the star for our story to become famous. Thanks ***