Chapter Seventeen

***I am so sorry for not writing more in such a long time. I have been really busy and forgot all about it, but I appreciate all the activeness from my followers. Will be writing A LOT more***

Aria/Lacey's POV:

It was two days later. The day John was released. I didn't know if he was still going to go after me or not, and I didn't want to find out. I wasn't sure if he would even recognize me, I looked pretty different, but some faces stick, and I couldn't change that about my father. I could get plastic surgery so he wouldn't recognize my face, but I wasn't changing everything just for him. I could fight him off just like I've done in the past.

"Dinner's ready!" Steve yelled from the kitchen downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled as I put down the book I was reading and started down the stairs.

As I walked down the stairs, I looked at the pictures steve had hung up on the walls. One of me and him that Mrs. Smith had taken the day Steve had first brought me to his house. I had a look of more happiness than I had worn lately, which made me sad. Another was of Steve before he knew me, with his dog who had died. And one more. Of Steve with his sister, Lily.

"What's for supper?" I asked.

"Just mac and cheese, nothing fancy yet," He smiled. His smile looked strained, and it just reminded me more about what I put him through.

We ate in silence, and I went up to my new room to just think.

Good Steve's point of view

Don't get me wrong I love Lacey. But the more things happened the more I couldn't stop myself from getting frustrated. I used to have stuff going for me. I knew that being a cop would lead to some complicated stuff, but it usually never messed with my personal life. This whole Lacey thing took a dive in the deep end of my personal life. I lost my wife, I lost my house, I lost a lot. Not as much as Lacey, I had to keep that in mind to not totally get mad at her. It was not her fault that her dad was a psychopath.

A giant thump sounded from Lacey's room. Wait, I mean Aria.

I quietly walked over to open the door to my room. Aria's door was shut. I walked over and knocked on it.

"Aria?"

No response.

"Aria!" I said louder. I started to panic. I ran and grabbed my gun, and came back to her door. I counted to three in my head, and slammed into the door with my shoulder, knocking it open.

The silence in her room was deafening. Aria wasn't here. I saw a big piece of paper taped to the window.

Steve,

Just wanted to borrow Emily for a bit.

Remember, she's my daughter. Not yours.

~John :)

He couldn't have been more wrong. A dad was someone who cared for you, and loved you. The person that was lucky enough to wear that name was someone who you could trust, and that would do anything for you. I was more of a dad to Aria than John ever was.

Aria's P.O.V

It all happened way too fast. One moment I was in my room, reading my book, and the next I heard a bang of the window. I turned my head quickly and let out a gasp. John was there, a bat in his hand and a scary look on his face. A look of determination. I tried to scream, but another person came up, entering my room, and putting a fold over my face before I could see who it was. I couldn't make a sound or see anything.

"Get her in the truck, now. I hear the guy here is a police officer. Wouldn't want to get in trouble with the police. Again." John let out a creepy laugh. Something was worse than before. He seemed different. This time, he didn't waste his time trying to convince me he was still a good person.

Although I couldn't see, I could tell that we were going down a steep ladder. The person carrying me bridal style seemed to be huffing from the weight, but I couldn't tell if it was my father or the other person. I heard a car door slam, and I was roughly thrown into what felt like the back of a van. I was sitting in between two people, one of which must have stayed in the car. I heard the engine start, as well as a scream. A scream from steve who was coming out the front door.

"ARIA!"

"Who the hell is Aria?" scoffed a voice that I knew by heart as December Smith. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"Take a left." I heard a scruffy deep voice say. I didn't necessarily recognize the voice, but I knew that I had heard it before.

<<<>>>

It had been at least an hour before all the sudden the blindfold was taken off, and I looked around.

"Steve?" I asked to the the man that I had earlier seen in the salon.

"It's no longer Steve little girl. It's Dave and I'm here to help your daddy get his little girl back." He put his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed in disgust. December laughed out loud and Dave moved his hand. I guess I wasn't the only one changing their name to hide from people. My guess was Dave was trying to hide from the police.

"Oh," the next word John said I will not repeat, "is that a police behind us?"

"Speed up!" yelled December. I could hear John hit the pedal and the van quickly picked up speed.

"What are you doing?!" I screeched as I felt steve put ropes around my arms and legs. I tried fighting back, but Dave was too strong.

Then, all the sudden, light came all around me. I could see stars, and could feel a hard whack go to my head. The last thing I heard was a dark and deep laugh before I fell into complete darkness.

***working on chapter 18 now! Will be out soon.***