Chapter Nineteen

*** hey everyone! I'm sure you've realized that I have changed my account, and now I share it with my best friend. Now we will be able to publish stories quicker. If you have any suggestions for us, please leave us a message! Also, this chapter is SUPER short! But I like the  Enjoy xxx***

I woke up and looked around me, not realizing where I was right away. Then it hit me. I was on my own, with no money, not knowing where I was. I was hopeless. I had no idea what I was going to do now, but I had to start somewhere. I quickly pulled my hair up into a ponytail, grabbed my things, and started walking towards the road. Maybe I would find a miracle I thought as I turned the corner.

<<<>>>

I had been walking for what felt like forever. My feet were sore, and my body was tired. I needed to sit down. I would have gone somewhere with a bench or a phone to get a hold of someone but that was the problem. There. Was. Nothing. It was just my luck that this is where I had to be right now.

I didn't know what else to do. I started crying. My chest heaved as I tried to catch my breath. Slowly I could feel all the heavy weight of the stress over the years fall off my shoulders. I have always tried to stay strong. But now, with everything that is going on, I just needed to let go. What if I never found Steve again? What if I was so stranded, that I died out here? Would anyone care?

All the sudden I heard a car slow down behind me. I looked back and saw a beat up pickup truck with a dirty man behind the steering wheel. He rolled down the window and stuck his head out. It kind of reminded me of a dog.

"Hey darling, need a ride?" He smiled and I could tell that at least 5 teeth were missing. Or maybe he didn't have any teeth at all.

"You know, that would be lovely," I tried putting on my prettiest smile, "but first," I kicked my shoe off really fast knowing he was too dumb to notice, "could you help me with something? I'm having a little trouble."

"Sure thing." he chuckled and scrambled out of his truck, leaving the door open, just like I planned.

He walked up to me and grinned. He started to slowly close the space between us.

"yeah I don't think so," I spat, rolling my eyes. I pushed him away, not wondering where all my strength was coming from. I quickly hit my elbow with all the force it had right into his stomach. He grunted and staggered backwards.

"YOU LITTLE--" I didn't let him finish his sentence. I brought my knee up right where the sun didn't shine and he fell to the ground groaning. I immediately felt bad, but pushed all my feelings aside and ran into his beat up truck. I never learned how to drive, but I would have to teach myself.

"Hey little girl! Get out of my car!" He struggled to stand up, with his arms wrapped around himself.

I slammed my foot on the gas, and sped forward ignoring his complaints.