.:~Chapter three~:.

I never realized how peaceful jail was. In all of my seventeen years of life I've tried to find solitude. I've always wanted to escape the world I lived in, and just be happy and relax. Never in a million years would I have guessed that my solitude is behind bars.

I leaned my head back on the cement brick walls, and smiled at Theresa; my cell mate.

"Isn't it just a beautiful day?" I asked in a cheery voice.

"I don't know, I can't see outside"

"Well, I'm sure the sun is shining, and the birds are chirping!'' I exclaimed.

As soon as the last word was out of my mouth a huge boom sounded outside, and the sound of rain pounding on the concrete ground outside made my smile drop.

Theresa laughed and grasped my hand in hers.

"Don't worry Kid, I'm sure the sun is shining somewhere'' she said.

I gave her a weird look. "Kid?" I asked. "Theresa, I'm older than you!''

My fifteen year old human cell mate blushed, and looked at the ground.

"Sorry, I'm just used to calling people that" she explained, which caught my attention.

"You around a lot of younger people?" I asked.

She nodded.

"Got any siblings?" I asked gently.

She nodded again, but smiled when she did.

"Tell me about them?" I asked, giving her a small smile.

It was like a switch flipped. Her face instantly lit up, and a twinkle entered her eyes just at the mere thought of her family. I felt sadness fill my body. My whole family is dead. I don't have anyone.

"I have two brothers, Thomas and Harry. They're both younger than me, but they both have the attitude that beats mine by twenty years" she laughed at some memory, than continued with her story.

"Thomas is thirteen, and Harry is nine. I remember coming home one day, ten minutes late, and found them standing in front of the door, hands in their hips, and both asked me simultaneously "Where have you been young lady?'' in a strict tone" me and her laughed together, both finding the memory funny,

"They're my everything'' she said seriously after we both calmed down.

"I don't know what I would do without them" she gave me a smile "What about you?"

"What's about me?" I asked.

"You have any siblings?" she asked.

Again I felt that sadness come over me again, but I pushed it back and made my mind blank. I was strong. I wasn't going to let it get to me again.

"Only child" I said.

"Oh!" she said ''Any close relatives?"

"Nope" I said.

"Well you must be close to your parents"

"They're dead" I replied flatly. "My whole family is dead"

It was silent for a good five minutes, and when I looked over at Theresa I saw her opening and closing her mouth like a gasping fish, and her eyes were so wide it looked like they were going to pop out of her head.

"Farrah, I'm so sor-" I never let her finish. I held up my hand as I signal to shut-the-hell-up.

"Don't worry about Theresa" I gave her a sad smile.

We stayed silent after that, which I was thankful for. I needed this solitude. I leaned my head back and shut my eyes. After a few minutes the arms of sleep dragged me into its embrace, and I welcomed the gesture with a smile.