.:~Chapter thirteen~:.

AH! Tons of you guys guessed about what Thayer wanted to talk about, and I'll tell you right now that some of you kind of freaked me out. Haha, I was reading your comments, and some of you guessed what would legit happen later in the story, absolutely spot on! But sadly, no one got the right answer this time. :( I'll ask another question at the end of this chapter, though! And same thing applies. Whoever gets the right answer, will get a dedication in the next chapter!

Enjoy the chapter!

----

.:~Chapter thirteen~:.

There are certain words that are said in life that can change everything. For example, there is the simple, "I love you" or even "I'll be back soon." Those words bring happy times. Your life and soul seems to bloom like a delicate flower in the spring, and it brings a certain joy to your life. You can never feel the same joy that you will feel when you know that your feelings are returned, or that someone will be coming back to you. It's an amazing thing.

But there are words in the world that do the exact opposite. They are dark and dangerous, and they shrivel you up like a dying rose, and your soul breaks, and your heart shatters piece by piece, petal by petal. These words are ones like, "I hate you" and "I don't want to see you." Those words leave a permanent mark on the soul, no matter how much you try to hide the fact.

But believe it or not, those words, those sentences, aren't the worst ones out there. There is one sentence that contains four words, twelve letters, and a whole bucket load of hurt that was sure to follow. The people on my grandmother's soap operas used to say it all the time. A shouting match, and tears would always follow afterward. My mother had even said it to my father one day. She had marched right up to him, and said those words, and nothing was ever the same again.

I was little. Five or six maybe. I had just gone to bed, when the shouting began. I heard my mother say those words, and then all of a sudden they were both screaming at each other. My father had gotten so worked up that he threw my mother's favorite vase across the room, and shattered it. My mother had shoved him out the door, and told him to leave. I was just an innocent witness standing in the hallway, half asleep, and half terrified, clutching my stuffed bunny rabbit to my chest like someone was threatening to take it away. My mother had stormed past me. She hadn't even noticed that I was there. I heard crying shortly after she entered her room. A half hour later I went to go check on her, and I found that she had cried herself to sleep, while clutching her wedding photo to her chest.

My father has shown up the next morning, completely drunk. He was holding a giant stuffed bear in his left hand, and a bouquet of red roses in the other. He had fallen to his knees before my mother, and he had begged for her forgiveness. He had tears running down his face, and he could barely get the words out between the sobs and the drunken hiccups. I could see it though. He was terrified that he would loose my mom.

But she had forgiven him the moment she looked into his dark blue eyes. That's the beauty of having a mate, I guess. You can fight all you want, but you would always forgive each other in the end. I would know, my parents fought often.

But nothing was the same after that. I could see the scar in my mother's eyes, and I knew that she would never fully heal from that experience. They had built a permanent wall between each other that couldn't be knocked down or climbed over. They couldn't go back to how things were, because they weren't the same anymore. And it was all because my mother had said those words.

The words that I was talking about. The ones that crush you, and you can't fix yourself. It is the worst sentence in the world, and you better pray that you never hear it.