.:~Chapter sixteen~:.

Sunlight was flooding through the crack in my curtains, and I growled in agitation as I buried my head into my pillow.

Why is the sun so annoying?

I buried my head into my pillow, and sighed in exhaustion and contentment.

My head shot up out of my fluffy cocoon, and my eyes widened.

How did I get here?

Last nights events traveled through my mind, and I gasped.

What did I do?!

I opened up to him! I kissed him! That was never part of the plan.

My head fell into my hands. What was I going to do?

Luckily, my phone chimed at that moment, and for a minute I was given the opportunity to not find an answer to a question that seemed answerless.

Erik: Turn up, Or Nahh?

I chuckled and unlocked my phone.

Me: Definitely turn up. What's it you got in mind?

Erik: Meet me in the forest right outside of your house in 10

My eyebrows shot up. Me: How do you know where I live?

Erik: Doesn't matter. You're down to 9 minutes and 10 seconds.

I rolled my eyes, and throw my phone down onto my bed.

Men.

After throwing on an old pair of sweats, and hastily combing my tangled hair, I went bolting down the stairs, and out the front door. I could hear the coffee maker running in the kitchen, so the must mean that Emily and Jim were up, and probably wondering where I'm, legit, running off too.

I stopped running after I was a good hundred yards into the forest. I leaned up against a tree, and caught a familiar scent lingering in the air.

"Alright douchebag, what do you want?!" I shouted into the wind.

"Shimmer down slut. God are you on your period or something?" Erik emerged from behind a thick jumble of leaves and made his way towards me.

I rolled my eyes. Don't you just love our greetings?

I ran a hand hastily through my hair. "I have a serious problem."

Erik grabbed my hand and started dragging me with him. "I can see that, just shut up until we get to the spot that I want to go to."

I playfully growled at him. He cackled.

After about fifteen minutes of us gracefully tromping through the forest, and Erik "accidentally" shoving me into a bush, and me "accidentally" kicking him in the pants, we made it to the place Erik wanted to go to.

And it turns out it was a huge waterfall.

I stopped and pointed towards the waterfall. "Has this been here the whole time?"

Erik gave me a dry look. "Nah, I just rented it from Rent-a-Niagra.org."

"Jeez, who peed in your raisin bran this morning?" I asked.

"I don't eat raisin bra-You know what never mind" I laughed, and Erik fake glared at me.

"When did you find this?" I asked as I look a seat on a rock, and put my feet in the water.