My Family

I felt like I was standing in the rain. Small droplets were hitting on my face. Last time I checked I went to bed. Ooh no is my room ceiling leaking. Then suddenly I felt like I was drowning. I could feel water in my mouth and nose chocking me. I couldn't breathe, and I woke up with jolt. Aarushi had poured a glass of water.

"What the hell...!! Is this how you wake up a person".  I said still trying to catch a breath.

"Wakey. wakey. Trisha dont be late" she said laughing and ran out of the room.

I threw a pillow at her but it just got hit on the closed door. Groaning I got out of my bed and went to bathroom to take a shower. I wore my black yoga pants and a grey tank top and tied my hair in a messy bun.

Today we are all going to Pune. We are having a small function at my parents house. The reason is that my father and my best friend Aditya's father who are both business partners, their company has completed 25 years and also, they are opening a new branch in Mumbai.

I went in kitchen only to see Aarushi also in a matching yoga pants and red top. When she saw me, she started to laugh again.

"Your face was priceless Trish!!" she said still laughing. 

"ya ya very funny well remember karma is bitch"

"aww Trish you love me you won't do it"

"just wait and watch" I gave her my best grin.

With that our door swung open and in entered Aditya.

"Hello and good morning ladies" he said in British accent.

He was wearing a khaki short and a black t-shirt.

"Hello driver" Me and Aarushi said at the same time and started laughing.

"Hey I have the car and I can go alone okay!"

"you can't my dear" said Aarushi

"Any reason why I can't go"?

"Because I don't think you want to die at an early age." Aarushi said and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yeah yeah okay I will take you guys." Said Aditya with a frowning face. "So, can this driver get some breakfast"? he said rubbing his belly.

We took our luggage and were heading towards the parking lot. I had a hand bag and a trolley bag same with Aarushi. Aditya only had a sack. Yeah boys can pack one pair of clothes and they will be fine. We girls we need EVERYTHING. If it was possible to pack our whole wardrobe, we would have done that too. As I was putting our luggage in back of the car, I heard Aarushi yelling

"SHOTGUN"

 "Nooooooo you don't!!  I shouted and ran towards the front door.

"Ooh Trish baby rules are rules" she said and went to open the front door.

Before she could reach out for the door handle I pressed my hand on the door so she couldn't open it. I raised my eyebrows at her. We heard Aditya laughing at the back. I and Aarushi both looked at Aditya with puppy eyes. He was still laughing. As soon as he looked at us his laughter dried up. His eyes widened and raised his hands in defence.

"Ooh no no no I am not going to choose between my girlfriend and best friend. I don't want to die at young age you know"

"Fine we will do it with stone- paper- scissor" said Aarushi.

I gave her are-you-serious-look.

"We don't have any other option. Do we?"

well I mean she was right we don't. Fine let's do this.