Dancing ,Puking and confessing

I was on the terrace enjoying the beautiful sunset. Since we got here all I did was to eat delicious food and discussed about how this place has changed from past 15 years. Rahul's parents were amazing. Their marriage was a love marriage that too inter cast marriage. The story of how Rahul's dad managed to convince Rahul's mom parents was not less than a Bollywood movie.

I wished I lived here. It was a very quiet peaceful place. No hustle and bustle. Just then Rahul's mom came and handed me glass of coffee.

"Thank you! I said to her while giving her smile.

"Like it?" She asked me.

"I loved it! I missed the place." I said while taking a sip of coffee.

"I missed you all. Specially your parents. I am sorry dear you had to go through it. Bhagwan maaf nahi karega jisne kisne ye kiya hai."  She said while wiping her tears with her duppata.

"your mom and me, we used to seat all evening here chit-chatting. While your dad and Vijay used to go for walk or do other business and you kids used to play here. Now look at you all grown up with all responsibilities. Those were good days." She said while sniffling.

I hugged her. Even I had tears.

"Ooh! Don't cry! Its almost 5 go get ready for the function" she said while wiping my tears from my cheeks.

"will you help me to drape my saree?" I asked her. My mom used to love dressing me up in a saree. She used to say it reminded of her childhood where they used to dress up and play. I wish mom was here today.

"Of course! Let's get you dolled up." she said. We both giggled like teenagers.

We went to the room. Aunty was just amazing. She kept on telling me stories about my parents that I didn't even now. She also told some stories about Rahul when he was a little child. He was so stubborn kid. I laughed at that. After couple of hours I was finally ready. I was a wearing a black saree and high heels and had put some makeup on. Aunty had help me to put my hairs into a side bun. Few tendrils were hanging loose on my face. She looked at me

"you look so beautiful. Kisi ki Nazar na lage." She said to me.

I grabbed my clutch and took one last look in the mirror. I also send a mirror selfie to Aarushi not because I wanted to click millions of pictures  but because I didn't want to be deaf.

I went outside towards the kitchen to grab some water to drink. Getting ready is a task. How do people do it every day? When I entered the kitchen Rahul's dad was helping aunty in kitchen chorus. They were laughing about something. When he saw me he looked startled and said,

"oh, my dear you look so beautiful. You just look like your mother when I first saw her. She would be your age at that time...."

He kept on saying some of his good memories of my mother. The words had hit a string. I had water puddles in my eyes. All the memories of my mother came flooding to me. Yes, she was beautiful women. He said I jut look like her. My dad used to say this too me every time. I couldn't control any more. I came out of my thoughts when someone embraced me into their hugs. It was aunty. She was patting my back.

"shush! Don't cry. It's okay. Aapne ku rulaya meri bacchi ko?" She yelled at him.

He came running towards me. He wiped my tears from my cheeks and he said "sorry" while catching his ears.

"No, you shouldn't... be sorry.. You are like my dad. I... I am... Sorry that I cried." I told him in between my little sobs and lowered his hands down. He hugged me and kissed me on my forehead. It again reminded me of my dad.