Old is Gold

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. For the first time in ages I didn't felt to throw the clock away. This time it felt good in fact great. I looked myself in the mirror it was same old me but still something was changed. The face staring back at me looked happy. I smiled back to my reflection. I showered and got dressed. I mean yes, I still miss my parents and I will always miss them. But I was not same like I was like past six months. I felt rejuvenated. I felt like me again and I was happy for that.

I went in the living room to see someone crashed on the sofa. Ooh Aditya must have been here. An evil idea struck in my mind. I went in kitchen and grabbed a glass full of water. To my suprise when I went near the couch, I saw that it was not Aditya but it was Rahul. What is he doing here? did he not go home yesterday? In past few weeks after the closure thing,  all four of us started to spend some time together. It felt good. It felt good to have a family. 

I stopped my train of thought. I decided to stick to my evil plan. I was about to pour some water, But then my eyes wondered to his face. He looked so peaceful while sleeping. His messy hairs looked even more cute and my God he was shirtless. His blanket was wrapped from his waist to his feet's. One of his hand was under his head and other on his chest. Yeah, he looked freaking good.

" You know who stare at people while they are asleep?? Serial killers and perverts."

I nearly jumped at the voice. I turned back only to see Aarushi sitting down on dining table and putting her hairs in a bun.

"jeez Aari you scared me!!" I said. Thank God the glass didn't fall.

"Do you usually check out other people while they are asleep?? OMG have you been in my room too. You little pervert."

"Are you Done.!!! I was not checking him out. I was just...ummmm... Yes, I was drinking water." I said to her and drank the whole thing in one gulp.

"While watching someone asleep"

"Oh, come on just cut it already. Now tell me what do you want for breakfast? " I said to avoid the subject.

" You are going to make it" she said and made a gawking face

" Drama band kar and say what do you want ?" I said while walking in the kitchen.

" Make whatever you are comfortable with" Aarushi said with yawning.

I decided to make upma and some theplas and tea. Yeah well, I can cook it's just I am lazy to do it every day. Within half an hour breakfast was ready. I served for us both. I texted Aditya to join us and Rahul was still asleep like sleeping beauty.

"Okay so now spill out already" Aarushi said to me while taking sip of tea.

" What ??"

She just rolled her eyes.

"No seriously what?? "

She rolled her eyes again and looked directly into my eyes.
I mean I know what she is talking about. But like I said don't want to give benefit of doubt. But then again who I am kidding I can never hide anything from her.

"Yes, I mean I like him he is great guy. Our parents knew each other they even know me too. But....you know..." I said and put my head on the table.

" But what...all the pros you just said. Then what is wrong.??"

"I don't know. I mean do he even like me?"

"I have seen both of you looking at each other when no one is specifically looking. Admit or not but your life is a cliché." Aarushi said while eating her last spoon of upma.