Stranger

I came home from my therapist Session. He said I should move on in my life and focus on things I am interested and I love. I only loved one person in my life and now she is no more in my life. She just got married to someone else without even telling me. Why did she did that?

My therapist said that I should see the truth. According to him truth was that she didn't even know me. I was stranger to her. I also had this weird hobby of taking pictures. It has been more than one-year I had click pictures. well for me she was beautiful and I loved her. Whatever! Always listen to doctors they say.

Today I was late for office. I was near the lobby waiting for elevator. Once the elevator door opened, I stepped in and pressed the button to floor 3. As the door was about to close someone shouted.

"Wait please wait"

Ahhh beautiful! just beautiful! She was really gorgeous. She stepped in and said thank you to me. In return I gave her soft smile. She pressed the button to floor no. 4. I have never seen her in my office. 4th floor Gautam sir. Is she joining here? She was wearing a formal black pant and a peach colour shirt. Her shoulder length hair perfectly styled on one side. She had a hand bag and was searching it frantically. I can see wrinkles forming on her forehead. She took a strand of a hair and put it on the back side of ear. The earing, it was small heart gold with diamond, Beautiful!. Well not more than her. Finally, she found her mobile phone which she was searching. She quickly tapped on screen and pressed the phone to her ear.

"Hello yeah I just reached. Okay call you back. Thank you. Sure. Byee."

I was brought to my senses by the sound. The elevator stopped and she stepped out. Then I realized I was on 4th floor too. Great!. But worth it.

Again, the same routine. Office-therapy session-home-office. It was a routine. No matter how much I hate my therapist but hate to admit it that I needed him. He was the reason I came out of my depression. Came out my some 'weird obsession of photos' as he calls it. I call it my passion.

I was in my office doing my work. My phone rang. It was my therapist. Well so much to remember him. I picked up. He had call me to tell me that today he won't be able to meet me and that our session was cancelled. I said okay and resumed my working.

I got a knock on my door. It was one of my colleague. He said Gautam sir has called us in the corridor to welcome the new staff. I went outside and I was shocked to see the girl the same girl I met in the elevator the other day. She was all smiling and I could tell she was hella nervous. Gautam sir started with his speech.

"So, we all know the norms of having a new staff joinee here. Can someone tell her the procedure."? He said a with a grin on his face.

Well this norm are nothing but a way to entertain new joinee and embarrass them. We ask them to sing or dance or do weird stuff. Someone came with suggestion that she should do cicken dance with anyone of her choice. Well what a way to embarrass on first day. When I joined, they had asked me to sing national anthem.

Before I could come back from my flashback everyone was wooing and whistling at me. what just happened? Then I understood she had chosen me. Really destiny is playing well. I went forward and she was all blushing. Hell, even I was blushing. I asked her if she was ready. She just nodded. The music started and we did the steps to the song. Those 2 minutes were best 2 minutes of my life. Everyone applauded and welcomed her. I asked her just one question why me? She told me that it was my smile that made me choose you and she remembered me from the 1st day where we met in elevator. She smiled and turned around to talk to others.

It was 5 in the evening and like I said the norms the new joinee has to give a treat. She had agreed to it too. We were all eating snacks. Someone yelled 'somebody click pictures' and then I heard my name. They were saying 'you click best pictures.' well they are right I do. I agreed and started to take everybody's pictures. It was my chance to click the picture with her and so I did. Even she agreed to it. After taking some pictures I clicked her solo picture.

That's when something happened. I don't know exactly what but something triggered in me. I started to sweat. I clicked more of her candid pictures. My inner self was screaming at me to stop, but I could not stop. I kept the phone on side table and ran towards the washroom. I looked myself in mirror. I was all sweating, my eyes were red, I was shivering. I splashed some water on my face. This thing is triggering me. I don't want to repeat the history. I should see my therapist. Than I remembered that today's session is cancelled. Shit!! I left my office in hurry.

I somehow reached home. I started to pace in my leaving room. Then I went to my store room. I took down the old box from top of the cupboard. I opened it and there it was my polaroid camera. It had somehow triggered my obsession.