Let's Celebrate

I came down to see that our living room was already packed with loads of people. Some of the faces I remembered and some were totally new. well I hate socializing. I will rather be at home reading a book than fake laughing. While I greeted the guest with my fake smile, I was thinking about who will be the new Manager of Mumbai branch. I did ask my parents about it, but they said it's a surprise.

 I went to kitchen to have a glass of water only to see those lovebirds giggling.

"There was a reason why we left you alone in the room you know" I said my voice starling them both. 

"By the way guys do you know who new Manager is?" I asked while taking a sip from my glass.

"Ha... who is it?? Please let it be someone hot you know" Arushi said and winked at me.

"Ahem!"  

 "Ooh I love you, I was saying it for Trisha" she again winked at me.

"What Noo... I'm not going to make my life a cliché and fictional. Also stop winking"

"Okay now on this I am on Trisha's side. Because you hate that guy!!" Aditya said while patting my shoulder.

"Wait you know who he is?" I asked him.

" Yes I do. In fact I was the one who went to receive him on airport today." He said calmly.

"Why didn't you tell us? And who is he that I hate so much?" I asked him.

"Remember when we were 10 years old. It was summer holidays and we went to Delhi?"

It was long time ago. Who I hate so much? I was thinking. Then it dawned on me that one idiot guy. He was the one who had spoiled my birthday dress by spilling all juice on it and because of him I had my ankle in plaster. He basically ruined my whole summer. He didn't even apologize for any of it.

"Noooo you mean he is your cousin Rahul, that idiot?"

I asked hoping that he is not the one, But universe had taken an oath to be on my opposite side.

"Yes, he is the one whose video game you broke." Aditya said.

Why the hell is he taking is his side.

"He was the first one who ruined my birthday dress and don't forget my ankle."

He was the last guy I wanted to meet. Why him? there are so many others out there. With that my dad started to make an announcement. We went towards the living room. My dad began the speech with Aditya's father by his side.

I felt someone's gaze on me. I looked in that direction, it was a guy but I couldn't see his face as he immediately turned his back towards me. From here he looked like he was 6 feet tall and his hairs were little messy but in a perfect way. He was wearing a black suit like others. Then I noticed he was standing with Aditya. Who is he? And why is Aditya with him?

"Ow !" Aarushi elbowed me and I looked at her she was signaling me to clap. My dad speech was over and now he was welcoming HIM the guy I hate the most.

"Ladies and gentlemen please welcome Mr. Rahul Malhotra."

All started applauding Aarushi elbowed me again to clap. I clapped a little. What I saw was a shock to me he was the same guy who was staring at me few minutes ago. But this was not the same Rahul that I knew.  Well apart from his eyes and that little smile. He was not what I remember from that summer but now he was much better I can say. Yes he was definitely 6 feet tall. The stubbles on his cheeks made him look more mature and hate to admit but also little attractive.

What the hell. I am not supposed to check this guy out but hate him. Aarushi whispered in my ear "hot na?" I gave her you-are-unbelievable look.

The speech was over and people were walking towards food court. Ahhh food!! The smell only was making me hungry.  Aarushi and I went towards the food court. We filled our dishes and walked towards where the tables were arranged. We were waiting for Aditya to join us.