The Storm

It was pouring heavily since last night. I love rains especially Mumbai rains. One of the reasons I love them is because we get a holiday and also the smell of first rains and overall weather. Rains are fun to watch. The cozy feeling , feelings of snuggling into blanket and reading a book or binge a series or a movie or just listening soft songs is awesome. Well like I said all fun until you have to go out to work. Oh yes work. I was in office and it was 4 in the evening one hour to go. Just then I received a call from Aarushi.

"Hello Trish, where are you? Still in office?"

"Yeah I am still in office I will leave in an hour. Why what happened? "

"Nothing it's pouring heavily. I watched the news there is water in the tracks even there is lot off traffic. Please just leave as soon as possible"

"Really!! Okay I will just pack my things and will leave okay don't worry I will be back "

I looked outside the window it was getting dark and its only 4.15 in the evening and there is no sign of rain to stop. Yeah, I should leave. See what I said about Mumbai rains all fun untill such things happens.

I packed my things and was ready to leave. Today Karan was on leave. He had that eye appointment thing again. Every day I go home by train or sometime taxi. But today I had borrowed Aditya's car. Well thanx to Mr. Spoiler who thought me how to drive.

Today was first time that I was driving alone. I took a deep breath and started the car and was out of office parking lot. I put some songs and memories of last week after party came crashing to me and I couldn't stop smiling. Well yes that was cute but not now Trisha focus on driving. I retrieve from my blissful memory and started to concentrate on road. Still there was no sign of rain to stop. Well half an hour to driving and I was already stuck in the traffic. Great! just great!.

I checked the time it was 5 and it was really getting dark. My phone started to ring and it was again Aarushi

"Hello did you leave yet? I forgot that you took Aadi's car today. I think it will be better if you come by train. They are late but still they are moving"

"Well it's too late for that now. I am already on highway and I am stuck in traffic let's see, I will be late, I guess. Don't wait for dinn......"

With that my call got cut. It was my phone that died. Stupid phone. I don't even have my charger with me. Cursing to myself I kept driving. I was getting frustrated with all the traffic and those stupid people honking. The rain was not stopping and water on the road was starting to rise. I just hope my car won't stop. Adi is going to kill me if anything ever happened to his precious baby. My head was starting to throb by just looking at the car wipers going left and right. Also I was feeling really hungry. Also, I wanted too pee. And people say they like rains. Uggghhh I hate this.

I checked the time it was quarter to 8 and I was still in Andheri area... Ooh now I really want to go home. Just then it clicked me this where Karan stays. I don't know exactly where and my phone is dead too. I am really fucked up. Then I thought maybe if I get down the flyover bridge and I can find a store open and I can call Aarushi. Thank God I can recall Aarushi phone number. She had made me memorize it. Love you Aari.

I got down the flyover bridge but like I said my luck is fucked up. As soon as I was under the bridge, the water level down was more than that on bridge. There were no street lights. Somehow, I managed to pull the car on the sideway and got down. I started to walk hopping there is no open sewer out there. Finally, fully drenched I found some local medical open. Hasssh thank God! I went in and the lady from the store saw me and then gave me big smile but that smile disappeared when she saw me fully drenched and shivering.